Re: lgbt club tag removed

by XxColdFangxX

Original Post

lgbt club tag removed

★★ Novice

So i made a club for me and my fellow lgbtqpia+ friends with the club tage LGBT. have had it for over a year now. logged in on the weekend to find that it was changed to HRZ.

through further testing, have found out that the lgbt tag is now banned for being offensive. what the hell EA? Why in a game filled with lgbtqpia+ legends is this tag banned, and also only just got banned when it use to be okay? and i dont even get the option to change it myself?

Message 1 of 13 (723 Views)

Community Manager

In relation to this @fakegamingnerd, you will need to speak to our Terms of Service team

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 13 (710 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Darko Hey Darko, my account wasnt banned, the club tag on my apex legends club was changed without my permission or forewarning.
Message 3 of 13 (699 Views)

Community Manager

Only our TOS team can discuss this with you @fakegamingnerd, no one else can. 

If our TOS team changed your in-game name or club then there would be a reason for doing so.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 13 (687 Views)

★★ Guide
@fakegamingnerd Hey, i'm sure some ppl reported you cause they live still in 1900 or grow up as typical us citizen, weapon allowed and everyone need a gun but sex and LGBT are the devil!!! ....

Let us know if there are some news
Message 5 of 13 (661 Views)

★★★ Expert
@fakegamingnerd 100% with you... but also I can see how someone who is lgbt and not in your club could see your club tag and think you're just being a typical smart * (straight cisgender) teenager. Can I say smart * here? Anyway, kind of a no-win situation....
Message 6 of 13 (624 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@fakegamingnerdI think maybe they try and keep inclusive tags away from the game, this is just my guess, so things like LGBT, BLM (but they do have the BLM Badge, isn’t there also a pride badge?), ISIS, Antifa, Proud Boys, only naming ones I can quickly think of, maybe they want an ALL inclusive game that doesn’t separate people by beliefs, gender, identity, religion, race etc etc, by making an LGBT group they see it as a group that will only allow certain people in, like what if a straight guy really enjoyed playing with you and y’all did super good! He wants to join your clan but because he isn’t LGBT he isn’t allowed, and that person now feels sidelined because he doesn’t fall into the group of people you accept. (I use “you” generally) maybe Repsawn or EA doesn’t want that, maybe they want everyone to enjoy a game without politics, gender identity, wokeness and whatever else we are all dealing with these days 🤷🏻‍♂️ AGAIN, I’m only speculating as I personally see nothing wrong with your clan tag. Now that I’ve written this I realize that there are BLM and Pride Badges to put on you banner, so yeah changing LGBT makes no sense lol. Maybe you have a Clan member that can make edits?

Message 7 of 13 (561 Views)

Club name changed with consent

★★★ Newbie

Hello! I am the owner of my club in apex & have had my club since day one of clubs. My clubs name is Beer Money. Not that long ago I logged in & our club’s 4 character limit was changed from Beer to Rpt. This was not done by me Or anyone else in the club. Me & my club aren’t hurting anyone & EA customer service told me it was a server issue. I just want my club restored. I love apex & spend a lot of money on it please help

Message 8 of 13 (494 Views)

★ Pro
@fakegamingnerd Hope you get it figured out
Message 9 of 13 (452 Views)

★★ Novice

update. i attempted to contact the TOS team and they did not respond and its been a month. i talked to an EA advisior and they could not work out what was going on and told me that the TOS team cannot handle this issue due to the fact it wasnt my account that was banned or suspended.

Message 10 of 13 (378 Views)