Re: latest Andromeda news

by Skauron

Original Post

Champion (Retired)

The studio has gone, about a third of the team are listed as doing minor fixes for MEA, the rest on to other projects.  So no DLC for sure. Just seen a report that Corey Gaspur has died and he was one of the lead designers.  My mate and his PS4 friends used to play ME3 all day and all night, popped round to see him and nobody playing and he is downloading a new game.  A proper Mass Effect fan and he wishes they had never released Andromeda.  Even people on youtube are saying they arent putting out anymore Andromeda videos, due to the drop in hits.  The podcast and the info flow seems to have stopped, its still going to be playable but I think its deader than a Dodo.

Message 71 of 83 (1,154 Views)

★★★ Pro

I just feel really gutted that this is the current state of play.   Tbh if this is truly the commitment to the product now, then at the very least boost the rate you earn MP credits now so that this end-grind isn't to end up the final painful experience, and make the game experience a pleasant one.  I am much less likely to spend on Andromeda Points if i am unsure of the longevity of a product and i'm sure many others now feel the same, but perhaps if we saw something encouraging in the way of a development of news, this would be different, but since day 1/release, we the customers have sat on the other side of the information firewall regarding the product and only ever really knew about new content on patch day.

The product was largely under-promoted and while die-hard Mass Effect fans have stood by the product in the main, there is only so much you can do to keep the buzz alive long term, if the developers have drifted off to other IP's

I am truly grateful that they produced Mass Effect: Andromeda in the face of all the problems they obviously faced, but i'm even more gutted that it appears to be getting dropped from a great height after only 4 months in the wild.  I would hope that EA and Bioware can reconsider the DLC position for ME:A but for now, I will only be able to see what interest there still is in the product by the patches we see produced.  1.10 is not a shining example of this as it only contained a very small amount of bullet points for fixes and changes.

Message 72 of 83 (1,137 Views)

★★★ Pro

Just saw this vid yesterday.  Nothing that will blow your minds just some updates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYo8G31ywc8

Message 73 of 83 (1,009 Views)

★★★ Pro
Message 74 of 83 (970 Views)

★★ Pro

Game over for me as well, done with EA for good.

It was a good ride. The ME series, including Andromeda were by far my favorite of all the bioware games but after they have handled all this since MEA's release, just dropping it like this is total bs. 

Thanks for all of ME bioware, you guys rock. A shame EA ever got their hands on bioware to begin with.

Message 75 of 83 (960 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Mass Effect Andromeda was the last BioWare title I buy, they lost all their Mojo on ME3. BB.

Shepard Citadel DLC "At least we threw one hell of a party. Probably the last one."

LI "Been a damn good ride"

Shepard was soooo right. He knew we were just crowdfunding Anthem! Well it'll sell at least one less copy Wink

No reason to keep Andromeda installed now then.......

Message 76 of 83 (938 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Where is this official link, BTW?

Message 77 of 83 (935 Views)

Message 78 of 83 (929 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Antharius wrote:

https://www.masseffect.com/news/mass-effect-andromeda-update-from-the-studio

Thanks for that.

Huh. Well, it looks like the haters won. How sad.

Message 79 of 83 (927 Views)

★★★ Guide

Very sad news indeed Disappointed

Message 80 of 83 (893 Views)