Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: keep getting solo missions with public on

by BadPanda_ltd

Original Post

Highlighted

keep getting solo missions with public on

★★★★★ Newbie

Am I the only one starting missions and getting no one joining with it set to public?  The playerbase can't be that low that no one is doing these missions(arcanist series). 

Please add an option to keep matchmaking going if none are found right away or something.  This mission is irritating on hard as a storm solo because there's almost no cover and mobs from all sides.  There can't be no other players doing this....

Message 1 of 7 (104 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

With missions being non-repeatable it's entirely possible there isn't anyone else starting that mission at the same difficulty level and same time as you. 

Message 2 of 7 (96 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Maybe so but that goes back to my asking for an option to extend matchmaking or some such.  I could just do it in normal but that's not as fun either.

Message 3 of 7 (79 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Pro

Another reason is most likely due to a lot of people steering clear of quick play missions.

Message 4 of 7 (71 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice
Current state of quick play, would be the reason..
Message 5 of 7 (69 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

I had one main line run (I think it was incursion) set on hard, for a second pilot slot I created to go through the story again, that was public in theory, but solo in practice.  On the next mission (one of the early agent missions for Yarrow), also set for hard, was solo for the first objective, but a few quickplay peeps (I assume) dropped in to help clean up the rest. 

Perhaps, with my other pilot, with masterwork javelins, I should quickplay more often into normal or hard missions to help fill out squads for people just starting.  But, quickplays are still too buggy for me to truly consider doing so.  

I think most of the player-base is past the early stages and is mostly running GM1+ contracts and strongholds, etc.  

Message 6 of 7 (60 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

Yeah when it came to the story I just gave up and ran easy mode. That way if no one joined I could get through it OK. Plenty of time to dial up the difficulty once you're level 30 which happens quick enough.

Message 7 of 7 (54 Views)
Twitter Stream