just wanted to say loving mass effect andromeda

by mikemc1958

Original Post

just wanted to say loving mass effect andromeda

★★★ Newbie

Tired of beating up on mass effect, love the game 

Message 1 of 12 (913 Views)

Re: just wanted to say loving mass effect andromeda

@mikemc1958 To be honest, would love to see something more detailed here: what do you like most in the new game, if there was anything that you think that can be improved, your favorite characters, your best game moment and such. There is no such thing as not enough feedback and the development team could probably use a wee bit of positive feedback, to see what the gamers consider to be done right and what can they improve.

Thus being said, i am glad that you like the game. People really should share their opinions and say what they consider that was good or bad in a game and say what can be improved and how they think it can be done. 

So, please,  go wild and tell us about your Andromeda experience. In our modern days, user reviews have more power than the gaming site reviews. And if you feel confident enough, you could even make a video review on youtube, showing people why do you think that Andromeda should get some more love. 

Personally i've seen enough to know that i will buy it next month, when my gaming budget gets back on track. The fact that the patching process seems to go in full force, also inclined the balance towards buying the game. Yes, the game could have used better dialogues and a better developed story, but the gameplay isn't bad at all. Looks like a solid 7.5 to me for now and the score might improve if the future story DLC's (i hope there will be some) will improve the story and the dialogues and will bring some better sidequesting. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 12 (890 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I love ME: Andromeda aswell. I'll tell you why and what I think can be improved in general to my opinion.

To me, I love the the A-mazing graphics for starters.

Its a story I can relate to easily. its not hard to grasp but you can delve deep into the lore by reading all the stuff .

Sometimes its a bit too much and am reading more then play since I dont want to miss out

The open world is a nice start but it could get more diversity in it. It is a wide open world, but too generic with dropship of keth dropping from the sky. (its an disease that every open world has imho)

Let me say that I loved "The Witcher 2" and played it around 100 hours. while The Witcher 3 had an open world and I played it around 30.

In a way I love open world since it creates freedom (or the illusion of it) but on the other hand I love a scripted narrow level game aswell since your feelings during gaming can be more controlled by the developers.

The animations don't bother me as much as others make a statement of it, altough I understand people wonder why it couldnt be done better.

I love the fact that there is more romance in this game then in the past 3.

Tempest is looking awesome and very logical, altough with the normandy I had a feeling my ship was larger.

I like sidequests less then most people. I do them, and they are a nice distraction from time to time, but it doesnt have to be packed like it is now, then it feels like its dragging me away from the initial story.

I rather have larger sidequests with serious story behind it then 10 quick simple sidequests.

There can be smaller ones, but keep it limited.

At the moment my questlog is pretty full and it makes me feel like a job to finish them then rather be immersed and instantly do them while you receive them.

All in all the questing & log could be more natural & grow organically then you get it shoved up your throat now.

I like that you see a "story so far" but that could be improved upon, but its nice that its there, im sure it will enlargen its funcionality at some point. Who knows with some cinematic tale telling of your story ?

Holding a button to open or pick up something is something I dont see a benefit from? just press E and be done with it instead of a circle filling up ? Reminds me of no mans sky Tongue out

Anyhow, thats my unoversighted point of view, I just wrote it what came to mind and didn't want to rearrange it ordently Tongue out

Message 3 of 12 (881 Views)

EA DICE Team

@mikemc1958

Thanks for sharing!

I would love to know what makes the game awesome for you.. :-)

In the meantime, feel free to jump into the Andromeda discussion in the following thread:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Mass-Effect-Series-and-Andromeda/td-p/5919069

Cheers,

Message 4 of 12 (872 Views)

@Kozzzmozzz And that's how i like to see the feedbackStandard smile

Thanks for sharing your ME experience. Would love to see more people jumping in and post as detailed as you did:eahigh_file:

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 5 of 12 (866 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Kozzzmozzz

Agreed with @ivrognard - great summary of your experiences with the game. Thanks for writing this up and sharing! :-)

Message 6 of 12 (853 Views)

★ Guide

I will love this game. I know it, because I have faith in the Mass Effect universe's formidable set-up.

I will love it because I have faith that the Mass Effect trilogy's spirit and fascination will be carried over.

I love ME and by that I will love ME:A.

I will not play single player campaign until ME:A2 is released. Or at least several DLCs are released.

Yes, you read right. I won't play it any time soon. (unless too many of my friends start playing it and I cannot resist it anymore of course)
I play a bit multiplayer in the meantime (I own the digital deluxe already of course). I like the MP part in ME:3 and despite the current technical shortcomings (sound drops!) of ME:A I really enjoy it.
Graphics are fine over all (although the Asari look a bit ... off), gameplay of the character classes seems well balanced so far, the getting into cover system was finally done right. The interaction between MP and single player campaign seem to be improved from ME:3. Crossplatform would be nice though.

With the original Mass Effect trilogy I had the privilege to play it just before ME:3 was released.

Which means that ME1 was patched and all DLCs included, ME2 was patched and many good DLCs were available. Rather few technical shortcomings dimishing the whole epos.
I had a blast and did several play-throughs!
But in retrospective I could hardly imagine to have waited 2-3 years after each game to continue. And this is my main reason for not yet playing it.

I played ME trilogy just recently again, this time modded and still had a blast.

I will love ME:A and so I know I could hardly wait 2 years until ME:A2 is released to continue. Shocked 
I try to wait until the next release and will have a blast again. Sure of it.

You find this strange? In an increasingly crazy world this is really the least strangest thing. Standard smile

Message 7 of 12 (810 Views)

@Phoenixflieger i like your optimism, but found some things a wee bit scaryStandard smile

I will probably buy the game this month. Just got a new PC, which kind of left me without a gaming budget for a few months, but ME:A is on my buy list after seeing it at my little bro (i say little but he's 27Standard smile)

The last two patch improved the game and solved quite a few bugs. If Bioware continues to support it, it might actually turn into a really good game. I hope they will.

Message 8 of 12 (803 Views)

ME: on low priority

★★★ Apprentice

I enjoyed ME:Andromeda, ME will surely have sold more then enough copies, altough people had their critizism, im sure the majority still loved the game. its always the negative minority that screams the loudest and makes the perception that that is the entire fanbase's opinion.

Its a new chapter in the ME universe and I find it very sad to see that EA like already give up , just like they did with C&C.

they dont need to rush out a new ME either, but i feel its taking the C&C path ... .

Message 9 of 12 (762 Views)

★★★ Newbie

please EA don t stop mass effect !! don t mind to much about the hate as it is quite a common thing now that gamers rage about anything - - ' ... I LOVE andromeda ! sure it have some flaws like every games but i prefer the setting of the story way much than the original trilogy , the sence of discovery fit way better in space then just : save the world ! i feel way more closer too the new characters than the last ones ( and it breaks my heart just to say that but its true ^^ ) they are less serious and more funny and open and that make them more humans ! ( well they are not all humans but you get the point x) ) the bar fight with drack ? AWESOME ! the movie night ? AWESOME ! liam's quest when they are arguing while shutting down the coms ? funny as hell ! ( and the reference to star wars is well placed by the way XD ) peebee's scene after her last quest when all the crew is kind of snobing her ? that give a fresh feeling about the crew that never happend in previous mass effect " because the crew must support each other blablabla " , so , i can text you an entire book of what i love about this new start or i can just say that : i'm more then 180 hours into the game ( finished it on insanyty ^^ ) and i can see how it is rich in details and great moments , YOU made me love this game , care about my choices and the characters and now im suppose to just forget them ?? if you do that it is at this exact point that this game will become the worst mass effect , because a mass effect is not just one single game , its a story that goes on and on trought multiple games that build up a gigantic storyline that you care about ! you think that the first mass effect would have got so many sells and love if it was just a standalone game ? ( NO !! ) and if you decide to close the franchise im gonna spam this comment section with everything that i love about it ;p and not just for the storyline but for other mechanics that are well thinked Standard smile ! i hope i dont sound angry because its not the case i just want to defend this game ^^ sorry for my English i've done my best , and i hope i won't have to spam this page x) love ya bioware and please please please EA do the right thing , i know its not all about the franchise and that there is the bussiness part that i cant say much because well im not a EA employee but i just hope that my comment wont stay in the oblivion of internet and that just at least once it will get seen by someone involve .
Message 10 of 12 (756 Views)