Re: joke of price of the sims4

by SolidxEvil

Original Post

Accepted Solution

joke of price of the sims4

★★★★ Novice

Tell you guys a joke, after the sims4 rise price, In Canada the price of a expansion pack is 51.99 Canadian dollar and plus 13%HST in ON the price player should pay is 58.74 Canadian dollar. however a new released 3A game is around 69.99(include tax)

I love the sims and this price is affordable but it just a DLC.

Message 1 of 5 (638 Views)

Accepted Solution

@ZHOUCHANGHAO6 as @Fizzeh420 said, if you get the Sims 4 + Cats and Dogs bundle you are much better. In sales, that was 25$/euro (50% discount from that 49.99). The Sims 4 was in a lot of sales on Origin since last fall (until mid march 2018). And it will probably be again in sales. If the normal price seems too big, just wait for a sale (EA should have the summer sale somewhere in June or July). 

From my point of view, the Sims 4 is quite nice, trouble being my limited free time and the fact that if i start playing it during week, i will probably end up going to work like a zombie. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (554 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice
Hey,

If EA can make money from selling their game (which is wildly popular and filled with content even before addons and DLC are added), they will.

We're seeing a general increase in the rise of price of a game based on popularity. Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege, for example, has millions of active players around the world. The game came out in 2015 and is still growing today, due to this, Ubi's raised the base price of the game.

While it is expensive and the addon pricing is ridiculous, if EA will earn from it, investors love it.
Message 2 of 5 (626 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

$51.99 for the Cats & Dogs EP but you can get the bundle (Sims 4 base + Cats & Dogs EP) for $49.99.....I honestly think these prices are a joke but April 1 has gone and passed now...

Message 3 of 5 (572 Views)

@ZHOUCHANGHAO6 as @Fizzeh420 said, if you get the Sims 4 + Cats and Dogs bundle you are much better. In sales, that was 25$/euro (50% discount from that 49.99). The Sims 4 was in a lot of sales on Origin since last fall (until mid march 2018). And it will probably be again in sales. If the normal price seems too big, just wait for a sale (EA should have the summer sale somewhere in June or July). 

From my point of view, the Sims 4 is quite nice, trouble being my limited free time and the fact that if i start playing it during week, i will probably end up going to work like a zombie. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 4 of 5 (555 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I hope whoever decides the pricing has the worst things imaginable happen to them, because the content they make is so easy to produce and they think they can put game prices on it... * no.

Message 5 of 5 (362 Views)