Re: it's unbelievable how people can like storm point so much

by HappyHourSumwur

Original Post

★★ Pro

Storm Point is definitely not my favorite map to play, however I will say this....If I had to choose between Storm Point and World Frag - I would pick SP all day long.  

Message 11 of 15 (216 Views)

★★★ Expert
@bosourd

I guess I'm still missing the point because I'm not reading anything other than what you said before: map too big, play too slow, rotation too hard.

I'm not trying to suggest that most people had a problem with the pace of the game pre-SP. Although, incidentally, that is EXACTLY why the map was made the size that it is. That's the devs talking, not me. And no one needs to have had a problem with it for the devs to want to mix it up a little and try a map that lends itself to a slower pace. You know, for players who like that sort of thing. There are some after all. So to spin your table, not everything in this game is going to be designed from the ground up to please everyone - in this case, you.

And that's as it should be. I'm not saying that you're not entitled to an opinion on Storm Point. I'm only saying that you seem to have an ideal number of "engagements per minute" and that number is probably pretty high since the word boring is a big part of anything that slows down your pace of engagement. And that's a legitimate reason to dislike the map. But it IS the reason. Own it.

Also not sure what you're trying to say about World's Edge. Also not sure how Storm Point is being shoved down anyone's throat, but again, if that's the way you feel then that's okay. Though I would be curious to know why you feel that way.
Message 12 of 15 (192 Views)

Champion
@bosourd While I dislike SP it isn't unbelievable some like it. It's easier to win matchs on it because you don't have to see anyone until the last team. So people that like winning above all else will enjoy it.
Message 13 of 15 (181 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

I like SP because I prefer a slightly slower play style.  I'm not great at hot dropping and hate getting 5th partied.  Those 2 things happen on KC and WE all the time.

Pros of SP

1) Size and complexity of POI's, more options for gunfight tactics and strategy

2)  Elevation changes

3) General aesthetician, looks amazing

4) Less 3rd parties

Not so good things about of SP

1)  Too big, leading to more games not seeing other teams.  Id say it is only 10% too big, but I avoid dropping in places like Fish Farms for this reason.

2)  Ways of covering long distancea are not with the risk.  Tridents and grav cannons are like ringing the dinner bell.  Placement of Tridents on the outside edges of the map leave them unused a lot.

3)  Rotations almost always lead you through Jurassic Park

Message 14 of 15 (147 Views)

★★ Guide

I am going to be an a small group here, probably one of the smallest, but I am gonna say it:

I have no problems with any of the maps.

Each map promotes subtle adjustments to playstyle, and if it goes against someone's playstyle enough they'll not like it-- at least, that's what I've read and talked about. In my post history I often talk about how playstyles need to be adjusted for various scenarios, and this includes what map you're on. I'm more likely to pick up a sniper on Olympus than in King's Canyon, or at least configure for longer range fights when possible.

I will, however, not drop on Fragment if I'm jumpmaster. And if someone does drop on it, I'll go to a satellite low-quality POI to grab things before trying to get back in with my team and likely die.

Message 15 of 15 (134 Views)