Re: it's unbelievable how people can like storm point so much

by reconzero

Original Post

it's unbelievable how people can like storm point so much

★★ Pro

I just don't get it, the map is absolute trash, please, to the people who defend storm point like it's the best map ever made, tell me how the hell you guys enjoy this map?

Everything is situational, I get it, but it's too obvious.

PUBS, where do I start? it's too big, you can get bored quickly, you spend 5-10 minutes running around looting larry style, and then once you find an enemy, there are 3rd parties that you don't even know where they are since there's a lot of aerial view spot and you barely notices them.

There's not much of a hot drop on this map (which for newbies, is a good thing), and where does that get ya? nowhere, since you spend most of your time looting, your hands get cold, you'd meet with a premade squad that was running rampage at a hot drop killing 2-4 squads.

Or, when you find a squad, let's fight, you cracked them, and you know what? just run, take cannons, use Valk's ult, tridents! There you go, running around again just to be shot at from so dang far their bullets fall to the ground.

The rotation routes are AWFUL, with a map this big, it's crazy how you have to rotate that long to just get to the same spot with that layout.

RANKED, don't even want to point out this one, with the new ranked system, good luck having a good time in rank. I barely got any kills the other day in Gold since everyone using charge or bocek. it's a bye-bye when you're stuck outside, it felt like ALGS match out there, countless round 3 with 10 squads left, people camp inside a building that is 200m away from you and still manage to drain your heals, from left and right.

The thing about WE or KC, is that both have a concrete playstyle, most of the time, you want a hot drop, you know where to go, the rotation route is not that long, and you know what to expect whether you're running away or expecting 3rd parties, you know where people would show up mostly. If you want to cold drop, you know where to go, it's like both maps have the POIs for both hot & cold drop.

Well, people might like how storm point turns out, its slow pace, and variant outcomes, but for me, hell no, Apex is a fast-paced style game which makes it unique and less boring, I hate 3rd parties, but that's what makes the game fun, and I don't want it to go away. Committing in a fight means that you are inviting other squads to join, not to just grief you from 200m away, and that's Apex, storm point missing out on that. PUBG was so slow-paced and looks how dead that game is today.

Message 1 of 15 (520 Views)

@bosourd I'm not the biggest fan of the map at the moment but I don't hate it as much as I used to.

I do think the map has potential it just needs to offer some better rotation options and routes.

The one plus side to the map, it's definitely reduced third partying at least early and mid-game. The big down side to it, if you're not near the rings early game you're going to be dealing with people camping a choke point or bumping into another squad as you both run for ring.

I think if they give us some more options to rotate the map quicker it would help. Whether it's more tridents, some phase runners or some jump towers or any combination of the three.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 15 (487 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm personally loving Storm Point now despite hating it in the beginning. Mostly because I was scared of change and personally love KC and never want it to leave.

But I found it to be valuable gameplay as there are so many heights, back rages, flanks, escapes and colourful varied POI's that actually accelerated the top level of gaming in Apex.
I've found with SP, noobs are far more responsive to my experience in the game because if you don't work together there are just so many angles with so much meta to combat.

It's tough out there!

Message 3 of 15 (480 Views)

Betreff: it's unbelievable how people can like storm point so much

★★★★★ Guide

Storm Point isn't the best card, but it's better than 24/7 Fragment.

Message 4 of 15 (463 Views)

★★★ Expert
@bosourd

You've answered your own questions in several places in your post:

"it's too big, you can get bored quickly"

"Apex is a fast-paced style game which makes it unique and less boring"

Whenever I read any criticism that involves the word "bored" even one time, let alone having it be the main spring of a multi-paragraph rant, I know immediately what the problem is, and it isn't the game or the map. It's people with an arena-shooter attention span playing a battle royale game. Sorry. Call it like I see it.
Message 5 of 15 (424 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@bosourd SP and KC are not my favorites and irrationally blame the map for my death from time to time but I would rather have more maps than just 2. Season 11 was so boring with only SP and WE. I can’t believe we used to only have 1 map each season.
Message 6 of 15 (410 Views)

★★ Pro
@reconzero missed the whole point of the thread i see lol

apex is not boring, the storm point is.

sure it’s always the players are the problem right? i guess you can’t please everybody

most people having no problem with apex’s pace, never once i see a complain of apex being “too fast”, but they did complain about how boring the storm point is. Players hate the 3rd partying, players get used to play in such fast pace so storm point was a huge change considering how big and slow you can go from one point to another.

apex was fun just the way it used to be, at least until WE, new map, sure, but no need for a map to get bigger and bigger and more ridiculously long rotation routes, especially when they shoving it down on our throats.
Message 7 of 15 (406 Views)

@Cheese9Man It takes time to build those maps.. Then roll out updates on them. I'm sure we'll see more maps as the seasons progress. I'm sure we'll see changes made to SP.

WE was not very popular when it was released. But it's become a favorite/classic minus the frag problem it has right now. I view SP as the early version WE. It had potential but required some adjustments.

I would love to see this RP system on W/E. I think WE is one the better maps and would be a ton of fun if people dropping all over the map.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 8 of 15 (389 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@DarthValtrexIt’s still the same RP system in WE right now just with -10 entry costs. The MM is the main problem in rank right in my opinion. 8 squads in the last 2 circles in silver lobbies is not the norm.

Message 9 of 15 (373 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@bosourd Storm Point is not my favorite but it is better than World's Edge. It is your opinion, SP is "boring" I find the wildlife and hunting is a great way to target practice on moving targets that fight back. Unless another team hears you and comes to hunt you instead. If your play style is to hot drop into a flurry of fist fighting, then good for you. My play style is just different that yours.
Message 10 of 15 (351 Views)