Re: is spore dead?

by TheLonnykins

Original Post

is spore dead?

★★★ Newbie

well is this it ? is spore dead? i can´t log in anymore 

it´s actually making me realy sad i played this game when i was only 5 years old good good memorys

will there be a part 2 

will there be updates to this game?

Message 1 of 9 (4,322 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Am a little late, but there will never be a spore 2, as maxis has lost access to the game in every way. Maxis is gone, and so is spore. Spore is big dead, but not in every way. I love spore, I still play it. And, you can indeed log in, but you have to be using origin spore. Also, enter your normal EA account info as you would when you login to origin, login to spore that way. Do not make an account on spore, use the login for ur EA account instead.

Message 2 of 9 (3,853 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, 

I downloaded Spore for my son the other day and created an EA account. I can log into my EA account on their site but not when I want to log in from Spore. It seems to be a similar issue to the OP. Any advice welcome! I am new to EA and general on-line gaming. 

Thanks!

Message 3 of 9 (3,800 Views)

Message 4 of 9 (3,700 Views)

★ Apprentice

Far from dead but sadly diminished.. hate being relegated to always playing from the tidepool and not being able to play from the stages like in the old days.

Message 5 of 9 (3,500 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@TheLonnykins Hmm, you can't play from any other stage? It's working for me with the GOG version anyway
Message 6 of 9 (3,379 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

alas, No. I have had it through Origin ever since they no longer acknowledged my Galactic Edition on disc, years ago.  I suppose all galaxies must meet their inevitable ending... but thanks. will keep playing.

Message 7 of 9 (3,073 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@mclolman123 same i use to play it all the time after i got back from school
Message 8 of 9 (2,857 Views)

★ Apprentice
@mclolman123 The servers are still up by now. There will be no more updates for the game as its no longer supported.
Message 9 of 9 (2,469 Views)