is just me or voice IP sucks?

by ElBirri

Original Post

is just me or voice IP sucks?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

so much cut words like have low signal, is netcode have the blame?

Message 1 of 12 (509 Views)

Re: is just me or voice IP sucks?

★★★ Guide

Just you, most people that choose to talk when I play, sound perfectly fine.

Message 2 of 12 (502 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Vladplaya idk man, in other games like gta v, rust, dying light and pubg i hear perfectly.

is because im colombian right?
Message 3 of 12 (499 Views)

★★★ Guide

It's pretty strange that other games work fine, but it does depends on who you play with and where from, so yeah maybe for you it's just the region for the Apex that happen to have people with bad quality mics or connection.

Message 4 of 12 (484 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Vladplayamaybe, cus american people can't hear me perfectly too

Message 5 of 12 (470 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I would bet it's part of the netcode debacle this game is.  I can be heard fine in any other game VOIP but it is a gargly mess to people in Apex.

Message 6 of 12 (444 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Yup, I also hear players' voices with low-quality, metallic sound Disappointed

Message 7 of 12 (430 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have this issue too.  

I'll be in discord with a friend - crystal clear, on both sides. One of us will talk out loud to our random and the other will have to tell them to never do that again because it sounds like they're talking through a blender.

I don't get it.

Message 8 of 12 (402 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Celeritar lol i have the same situation.

he hear me like: I n-- a fu---ing --she- du--
Message 9 of 12 (381 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

I wouldn't say netcode of the game should have ANY influence on voice at all. In most games voice chat is going through a different server. E.g., in multiple cases of PubG games the game itself froze (noone could move, disconnected sign), but talking to teammates worked just fine - different servers. On the other hand, this may not be the case for Apex, which would explain why voice quality is so inconsistent in this game - game server lagging a bit would result in voice lagging a lot (since voice most obviously would have lowest priority if it was sent through the same server).

Also, voice seemed to be just fine at start, but after one of the early updates (a month or two after release) it just got A LOT worse (just after update the quality was completely terrible and the sound volume on max was way too silent) and never reached the initial quality after that. I have no idea what that was about, since there never anything about it in the patch notes. It's usually fine now, but still quite often a bit too silent and quality is inconsistent.

Message 10 of 12 (366 Views)