Re: is it possible to play apex legends without origin?

by MartenPhilip

Original Post

is it possible to play apex legends without origin?

★★★ Newbie

is it possible to play apex legends without origin? Origins is by far the most disgusting piece of software I've ever seen in my life.

Message 1 of 17 (27,312 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Doesn't look like it, the Apex exe launches Origin first.

Message 2 of 17 (27,282 Views)

You'll just have to bare with it

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 3 of 17 (27,279 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I hate steam, and netflix for that matter.  But do you know why they get my money?  It just works ... so I begrudgingly partake.  What doesn't work?  Origin.  I would easily pay $60 for a version of Apex Legends that plays on anything but Origin.  Heck, despite my decked out PC, I nearly bought an Xbox once just to play EA games, until I learned my Xbox-owning friends kept having trouble playing Star Wars Battlefront at one point due to EA forced-login issues.  This is the entire reason I steered clear of Sim City, and literally every EA game.  Sell it in a box, on a disc, at full price - this is what I want ... As long as it doesn't require Origin to be installed I will pay anything!  I alone would buy 3 copies for my household, and encourage numerous friends and family.  Forget steam ... just forget origin too!

Message 4 of 17 (25,947 Views)

★★★ Guide
No you can't, you have to sign in on Origin in order to launch and connect to the game.

You can't launch it via steam either(custom non-steam game shortcut in library ) so you're just stuck with the Origins Overlay.

Message 5 of 17 (25,916 Views)

★★ Novice

Apex is a great game, but origin's trash, Can't launch origin now

Message 6 of 17 (18,381 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Vectorishigh wrote:

Apex is a great game, but origin's trash, Can't launch origin now

Does this problem persist after you have restarted your computer?

You could try running the system file checker which should find missing or corrupted files on your system.

You could also try fully uninstalling Origin and then reinstalling.

Best of luck.

Message 7 of 17 (18,361 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Origin is a piece of crap because when i want to play Apex i cant because the page wont load fully then i am just stuck with a white screen.FIX YOUR * EA.

Message 8 of 17 (17,611 Views)

★★★★ Guide

You can play on console. Origin is a completely broken launcher made to be not user friendly but hacker friendly. . 

Message 9 of 17 (17,588 Views)

Community Manager

@WinterLizard479 

If you're getting a white screen when you launch it try clearing it's cache. We have steps on how to do that here.

Blueberry.png
Message 10 of 17 (17,571 Views)