Re: is it fair to use config file remove muzzle flash?

by Yggize

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@TheJumpingJawa No, and that's the problem with people trying to get around doing it.

They're fully aware that they are cheating but they want to lie or make an excuse for it. You sound very capable to me. If you can modify a config file, I don't think you need 'rules of cheating' in Apex being explained to you.

Incase you do: altering fps/fov- ok. Anything else- not ok.

Message 51 of 67 (1,802 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@newname4504 wrote:

@TheJumpingJawa No, and that's the problem with people trying to get around doing it.

What specifically is that 'No' in response to? Editing Apex launch parameters through Origin?

Can you cite the rule being broken, or official statement that supports your assertion?

Message 52 of 67 (1,792 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@TheJumpingJawa wrote:

@newname4504 wrote:

What specifically is that 'No' in response to? Editing Apex launch parameters through Origin?

Can you cite the rule being broken, or official statement that supports your assertion?

This is a public forum and the answers are all opinions.  My opinion is that it is cheating.  If you want an official answer then ask an official source.  Hopefully this will stop you from thinking that anyone owes you an explanation for there opinions.

Message 53 of 67 (1,781 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Seeing as every big streamer has turned down muzzle flash, EA can we really get banned for that? And why is it that only streamers are allowed to turn it down and not the rest of us?

I mean its a command in the engine, why even allow it to be changed if you never intended anyone to change it in the first place?

Message 54 of 67 (1,690 Views)

★ Pro
so you want to cheat and hide something that supposed to be there?
Message 55 of 67 (1,682 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

So accordingly to you every top Apex player is a cheater? Yes its allowed in the competitive scrims...

Sorry, but im glad im not you guys. For us who are used to FPS games, we have been altering config files since quake. And now that is suddenly cheating? Good one. Perhaps get a better anti cheat system that can tell the difference between a cheat and reducing something that should have been tuned down before the release of this game? Or make it into an in game option atleast, so the few people who are trying to play competitive can still do that with out having the need to jump out of a window due to turbulence from the muzzle flash from game.

Message 56 of 67 (1,666 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Personally, I don't think it's cheating or bannable. Other games such as CSGO have public autoexec.cfg files that you can freely download to copy the settings of pro players. These are options that are otherwise not editable within the settings menu.

If these were against TOS then you wouldn't be able to play professionally with them..

Message 57 of 67 (1,601 Views)

★ Guide
i think u can just EDIT and ENJOY it alone , why has to post it here since its absolutely violate the policies .
As i remember theres lines in CFG file that make u see through smoke as well as u can toggle it with hotkey blind in ..
Message 58 of 67 (1,570 Views)

★ Guide
Just be fair why U want something that normally PP playing game cant have? for WIN ? thats mindset i think no different than hackers running around there. To win You has to do this in CFG file or down some hack , well for me its the same.
But its your game, and somehow Respawn will not ban you if you dont use more serious edit to CFG file like see through smoke and let another spectate that you are doing it.
So Have fun.
Message 59 of 67 (1,567 Views)

★★ Pro

Look at the most popular streamers like mendokusaii.  he disables it and is not banned, and encourages others to disable it .   he even changed his name to "manisnotbanned".  Its shameful.

Message 60 of 67 (1,531 Views)