invite a friend by name IN GAME

by Kuro466

Original Post

invite a friend by name IN GAME

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

PLEASE add a simple way, IN GAME, to invite a person to your party, BY NAME.... 

-----

It's very embarrassing to make such a fantastic game, with such a horrible social experience.

My friends show as offline, even when they are online (origin)

Origin friend requests often don't work (friends offline, etc, etc)

There is no way to add friends or invite friends in the game UI, and the origin app and overlay UIs are confusing and horrible (worse than steam)

I linked steam, but my steam friends don't show up

All of this could be mitigated if there was a simple way in-game, to invite people to a game by origin or steam name. We need this anyway.. because many of us play on discords where we are constantly teaming with randoms, and adding them to friend lists is too many steps. 

Message 1 of 3 (1,455 Views)

Re: invite a friend by name IN GAME

★★★★ Apprentice

I definitly agree with this 

Message 2 of 3 (1,449 Views)

Re: invite a friend by name IN GAME

★★★ Newbie

Yes I agree. I hope Respawn can add an easier method of adding friends in game. My Steam friends list is not working as well. Adding friends through Origin is too time consuming. Maybe Respawn could add sending friend request in game like Overwatch. Show a list of players that you just were in a match with. It doesn't have to show all of the 59 players in the last match but at least show the two squad members you were just playing with. This might work even better if you can send friend request sometime during the match and once they accept, then you can stay together in the squad for the next match!

I am posting this as a suggestion to a very small annoyance. I have been following the Respawn group ever since they left Activision and believe with Apex Legends the have a well deserved home run. Keep up the great work!

Message 3 of 3 (1,428 Views)