i just went from 1.5 k/d to .5

by HopesKunai

Original Post

Re: i just went from 1.5 k/d to .5

★★★ Pro

This happens to me every season.  I start off gangbusters (2-4 KD for first 15-20 games) then I usually end the season around .5.

No explanation.  Normal I guess.

Message 31 of 41 (402 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@hayhorIMO anyone with a k/d of 1.0 to 1.5 should easily be able to solo their way to plat/diamond. A vast amount of the casual players have around a .5 to .8 k/d. Even they make it to plat. So for a 1.5 this would be a above average player where the skill set difference is highly seen. So if they are at 1.5 then soloing to plat it self should be walk in the park.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 32 of 41 (398 Views)

Champion
@E9ine_AC That is what I am saying. The OP said they had a 1.5 KD but is having issues in Bronze and finds gold hard. It doesnt correlate for me.
Message 33 of 41 (380 Views)

Hero
@hayhor Yea I can see that. For me bronze to plat is about a good 8 hour day for me playing if my wins go as i plan that is. This as you know me is me solo queing into ranked. So in theory silver to plat is around about 50 ish games.

I am not the best player myself but getting to plat for me is relatively easy.

Message 34 of 41 (376 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@HopesKunai The bug will affect you for only one game, but if someone is Solo-queue in higher ranks he will have to go through the pain of getting Bronze/silver teammates because these Bronze/silver players are also playing their first game. The issue is fixed when the whole player base has played their first game.

Message 35 of 41 (375 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@hayhor Bruh, back in S2 I had 0.7 k/d and I was still in Plat IV relatively easily. We don't talk about my experience in Platinum lobbies back then tho.
Message 36 of 41 (370 Views)

Champion
@E9ine_AC You are better than 99% of people that play the game tho.
Message 37 of 41 (365 Views)

Hero
@hayhor I def would not go that far. Before my stroke going from silver to pred in season 3 was 674 games. To where now im sure it would take double that for me these days. Possibly even more. I will say even having my stroke im a above average player or at least i feel i am. Could just be average now not even sure where i would put myself. I have y good and bad days.

I felt like crap when Darth joined me last time i was tanking like no other cause the meds just wasnt working with me that day. Then sometimes he tells me to calm down cause im doing so well.

I just cant understand having a k/d of 1.5 can not get them self out of gold or bronze. Those lobbies are quite easy over all. So when i base my assumption on how easy they may be its purely on how many games did it take me this season compared to last season. Helps me see if im improving or slacking.

Another question though i have for OP. Is 1.5 your k/d for season 8? Season 8 ranked? Overall? 3 factors that can help better understand why or where a hold up may be.

Message 38 of 41 (353 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

K/D doesn’t say much. I had K/Ds over 3 for the longest periods but I sucked in my opinion. Especially in ranked it is of no use.

It all depends on situations and enemies overall. 

Message 39 of 41 (348 Views)

@BaldWraithSimp that's kinda what happened tonight with yt. He was playing his first ranked of s9, with me, and the lobby was all purple and red with s9 diamond champions again. 

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 40 of 41 (310 Views)