huh? question about specific cheat

by damsonwhufndthis

Original Post

huh? question about specific cheat

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

is it possible that a guy can shoot you through a box, like a prop box the part of the literal map

and I couldn't have been ping I was hiding behind it for quite a long time

how do I know?the arrow indicating damage recieved from literally points at the box

Message 1 of 8 (295 Views)

Re: huh? question about specific cheat

★★★★★ Expert
@damsonwhufndthis Were you moving for cover to this box? If yes then it’s probably because of lag.
Message 2 of 8 (286 Views)

★★ Pro

haha what lag? ping below 30 I moved there but when I was already there for 5 seconds straight I recieved damage through the box

Message 3 of 8 (272 Views)

Champion
@damsonwhufndthis There is always the chance part of your character was sticking out. Without a video no one can really tell.
Message 4 of 8 (264 Views)

★★ Pro

@hayhorofc that's why they consistantly hit their shots on a pixel, makes sense

Message 5 of 8 (258 Views)

Champion
@damsonwhufndthis These kinds of deaths are when I really wish we had killcams on here. I get confused as to how in the world I got shot/killed sometimes, and wish I could see what they saw. It could have been as simple as line of sight. I have been able to get shots on people that probably thought they were completely behind cover, because I can see a little sliver of their character that is sticking out past cover, or maybe I have a vehicle/crate I was able to climb onto, in order to change my line of sight and get shots on them. I'm sure I've been accused of cheating with some of my kills, Lmao!!

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

"Play me online? Well, you know that I'll beat you.
If I ever meet you, I'll control-alt-delete you!"
Message 6 of 8 (257 Views)

★★ Pro

@dSKyNafinchinallthough I genuanely know how I died most of the times deathcams would explain way more, not to mention cheaters would be more obvious to spot

But I fear that the game already has too much data to process for EA's servers at least.

And adding a killcam would add ton of more load to the already laggy servers.

Imagine streaming while playing, now instead of you it's the server streaming your point of view in case you kill someone, now how many players play.

Not to mention the server has to wait for the person to actually die since they can spend a minute being knocked down.

Message 7 of 8 (250 Views)

Champion
@damsonwhufndthis Yea, I wouldn't even know where to begin, from the technical side of things. I just know that the killcams on old school CoD games, definitely explained more than their fare share of questionable deaths.

I know there are definitely a lot of cheaters on games these days, including Apex, but I honestly don't think it is as widespread as some of the community make it out to be. From some threads on here, you would think that 3 out of 4 people are cheating/hacking, and that is simply not the case. It might be more prevalent on PC, but I just honestly don't see it on Xbox, and I've been playing since around launch. I've only ever had 2-3 deaths total, in that time, where I was pretty dang sure the enemy was using some sort of mod/aimbot. I know there are tons of variables, but I genuinely just don't see it being as widespread as some make it seem to be

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

"Play me online? Well, you know that I'll beat you.
If I ever meet you, I'll control-alt-delete you!"
Message 8 of 8 (214 Views)