Re: huh, how did I demote from Silver II ?

by Tamyndris

Original Post

[ Edited ]

@OldTreeCreeperHey at least you’re not like me. I’m 35 and look like I’m 50. But I did that to myself, I definitely burned the candle at both ends from 18-29.

4 night trips to Vegas and only sleeping 4 hours the entire trip. Who needs sleep when Rockstar provides sleep in a can?!

i have some wild stories. Got drunk with a famous Country music band. I had no idea who they were and was not buying the whole we are famous spiel. Told them the rolex was fake and from the 7-11 in the airport. I was having hard time explaining the random women asking for pictures at autographs. 

i got lost in death valley with 3 strangers. One was a doctor phone Iran and the other was some dude from the Philippines who spoke no English. good times

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 21 of 28 (317 Views)

★ Guide

@DarthValtrex wrote:

@OldTreeCreeper

i got lost in death valley with 3 strangers. One was a doctor phone Iran and the other was some dude from the Philippines who spoke no English. good times

lol, now we get lost with TWO strangers in King's Canyon : P .. with one not speaking English. good times, again?

Message 22 of 28 (305 Views)

@DarthValtrex lol I'm 54 but feel 80, burnt a few candles myselfLarge smileParty hat

@Tamyndris no english? We need something like a universal ping

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 23 of 28 (299 Views)

★ Guide

@OldTreeCreeper wrote:

@Tamyndris wrote@

Only around one in twenty squad chats adds any value to my match. Rest is silent or not helpful, performance-wise. With your tinnitus you start every match with a special, demanding setup, naturally. I find it brave you head in there, nevertheless, doing your thing.

One in twenty is very poor, and would make me switch off the chat altogeather, as it sounds in the main a distraction, and from what I've read here on the forum generally unpleasant and toxic.

Perhaps might be worth trying a few weeks of no chat and do your own thing with the ping, at the very least it will allow you to concentrate better on your own play.

Roger, landing (audio-wise) in another one's living room, with kids, tv and life partner shouting in the background, I mute that player. Else, for me, one of the reasons for playing online is to meet and communicate with other (and different) people. Thus, I keep chat open and am excited about who I am matched with next.

Only a small percentage of chat happening is or ends really toxic. Toxic as in offensive. A player who is frustrated with how the things are going and asks what (the heck) you are doing there (i.e. calmly collecting stuff a mile away, while your two team mates are engaged in a fight), I don't consider toxic. 

Message 24 of 28 (296 Views)

@Tamyndris that just reminded me of the words of a song 

"We're just two lost souls,

Swimming in a fish bowl,

Year after year!"Standard smile

Please note:
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 25 of 28 (295 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Tamyndris wrote

Roger, landing (audio-wise) in another one's living room, with kids, tv and life partner shouting in the background, I mute that player. Else, for me, one of the reasons for playing online is to meet and communicate with other (and different) people. Thus, I keep chat open and am excited about who I am matched with next.

Only a small percentage of chat happening is or ends really toxic. Toxic as in offensive. A player who is frustrated with how the things are going and asks what (the heck) you are doing there (i.e. calmly collecting stuff a mile away, while your two team mates are engaged in a fight), I don't consider toxic. 

I wouldnt be able to concentrate on the game with chatter on the headphones. Far too much going on already for my limited resources Large smile

Please note:
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 26 of 28 (279 Views)

@Tamyndris Oh I have had some good times with teammates from mexico. I don’t speak spanish they don’t speak english.. but we both understand curse words.. it’s an entertaining round.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 27 of 28 (231 Views)

★ Guide
@DarthValtrex universal cursing. in some aspects, we all are truly of the same kind ... which we tend to forget.
Message 28 of 28 (207 Views)