how to reset GW2?

by jarofpretzels

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

how to reset GW2?

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded GW2 for daughters birthday a few days ago. I played the first level just to make sure everything was good to go, but now I want to reset it so she can start from the beginning. I've looked all over the web for answers and tried about all I can think of; I'm currently reinstalling the game, but almost certain that won't make a difference. I've ran into other comments elsewhere voicing the same issue and all they get is they're SOL. Not very fair, but I guess I just have to eat it. Before I do, thought I give one last shot in asking if anybody knows a way to resolve this?

Message 1 of 2 (563 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: how to reset GW2?

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey, @jarofpretzels on what platform did you purchase the game?

If on console then you would need to play the game on a different Gamertag in order to start the game over. If on PC then you would need to purchase the game on another account in order to start over as progress is tied to the account and it is not possible to remove it. 

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (518 Views)

All Replies

Re: how to reset GW2?

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey, @jarofpretzels on what platform did you purchase the game?

If on console then you would need to play the game on a different Gamertag in order to start the game over. If on PC then you would need to purchase the game on another account in order to start over as progress is tied to the account and it is not possible to remove it. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 2 (519 Views)