Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: how to know what ability is on cooldown?

by Zemerick

Original Post

how to know what ability is on cooldown?

★★ Novice

so only when you fire u seem some stuff related to abilities on the screen, but it only says q,e,z,x not which ability or something.

played loads of games but had a hard time understand what abilty was on cooldown and which wasnt. Also didnt quite understand which was ability 1,2,3 or ultimate as i made macros to my mouse but it didnt say anywhere that q is ability 1 or 2 or whatever.

couldnt they just make some timer around each abilty so u knew whats what?

no ability tree either then? ur entire setup is just based upon items u looted?

Message 1 of 5 (131 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

Bottom right it has your abilities and their cooldowns, etc.

Message 2 of 5 (111 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I initially had this visibility issue as well. In the HUD controls, toggle to 'always on'. This way you can see the cooldowns on your abilities and which keys the abilities are bound to. Makes it easier when you start re-mapping those keybinds to suit your preference.

Message 3 of 5 (86 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Sounds like your playing on PC. However, consoles and PC share a problem that Bioware is aware of and that is the fact that your HUD exceeds the limits of your screen. Not being able to see the entire HUD does make it hard to track all of the abilities being used and what the cool down for that ability is.

Message 4 of 5 (61 Views)

★★★ Guide

@DesertGunR wrote:

Sounds like your playing on PC. However, consoles and PC share a problem that Bioware is aware of and that is the fact that your HUD exceeds the limits of your screen. Not being able to see the entire HUD does make it hard to track all of the abilities being used and what the cool down for that ability is.

I never had that issue. Or at least I don't think I did cause I was able to see (what I thought) was the entire HUD. I could even seen the cool down count. Nothing seemed off or missing. I was on PS4. 

Message 5 of 5 (57 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help