Re: how many heirloom shards does 1 pack give?

by DarthValtrex

Original Post

how many heirloom shards does 1 pack give?

★★ Guide

For those who had luck, can you say if pack drops shards, how many usually? Im trying to see how much i have to spend to get the buterrfly knife! :D 

Message 1 of 7 (573 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@TrancyGoose You get 150, you only get enough to buy 1 heirloom and the included added stuff.
Message 2 of 7 (570 Views)

★★ Guide
@Koochi-Q its just apex packs i need to buy, right? No special packs?
Message 3 of 7 (566 Views)

Champion
@TrancyGoose You get everything you need in 1 pack. And yes you need 500 regular packs at maximum.
Message 4 of 7 (556 Views)

★★ Guide
@hayhor that is so sweet, only 500 :D
Message 5 of 7 (551 Views)

You can get lucky and get it before 500 packs.
It's less than 1% but you never know.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 6 of 7 (506 Views)

@TrancyGoose So basically the odds of getting Shards from an individual pack as stated by the devs are less than 1%. Based on what I have seen in game and the 500 pack guarantee you can guess the odds are some place in the .2% range. 1/500= .2% for any apex pack opened from 1-499 packs. Those odds do not increase with packs opened. Every single time you open an apex pack the odds of getting shards are .2%, it does not matter if you've opened 498 packs it's still .2%

If you open 500 packs on the 500th pack you are guaranteed to get 1 set of heirloom shards.

If you are level 500 you will receive 180 apex packs for free. So you would need to purchase an additional 320 packs or spend $320. Event packs do not count towards the 500 pack guarantee.

You have to be insanely lucky to get Heirloom shards before the 500 pack guarantee. I have opened some place between 1200-1400 packs. It took 500 packs to get my first heirloom and some place between 450-490 packs to get the second. I'm probably some place between 250-300 packs opened towards my 4th heirloom. The third heirloom I got by just crafting all the event items for the Caustic Heirloom event.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 7 of 7 (499 Views)