how hard can it be?

by BallClipper

Original Post

how hard can it be?

★★★ Apprentice

how hard can stopping cheating be?

write a script to track people's mov speed and aim and ban anyone who has unrealistic movements/ aiming pattern.

it should literally take 2 hours

Message 1 of 15 (491 Views)

Re: how hard can it be?

★★ Guide

@BallClipper wrote:

how hard can stopping cheating be?

write a script to track people's mov speed and aim and ban anyone who has unrealistic movements/ aiming pattern.

it should literally take 2 hours

how come it aint implented in all FPS games if its that easy?

Message 2 of 15 (479 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm no developper, but i'm quite sure this is not how things work x')

Message 3 of 15 (466 Views)

Hey.

It's not as easy as your think.

There are lots of people developing cheats or other 3rd party programs.

The anti-cheat team is in compare really small and they do what they can.

They are working really hard on this problem but it takes time and resources.

It will get better soon ^-^

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 4 of 15 (437 Views)

★★ Guide

Think of hackers like a stubborn virus. The kind of virus that adapts and eventually overcomes the various types of treatments given to the person suffering from it. Everytime there's progress the virus says "Hah..nope" and finds another way to make the patient even worse than they were before. Hackers are similar in that regard in that they are very smart at finding ways to adapt and overcome the various systems put in place to stop them.

Now I'm talking about the ACTUAL hackers and crackers here. Not the screaming 12 year olds that pay for and downloads thier cheats but the people who actually make them. They aren't stupid people, they know what they are doing where code and script is concerned and will always find a way to work thier way around it. Take Pirates for example right? Remember how when that Denuvo was being put on games and media was saying it was damn near uncrackable? It took hackers just a couple of weeks to prove them wrong.

Message 5 of 15 (415 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
it is indeed not as easy.

but a system that can fight speed hacks and aimbots is EXACLY as easy as i said.
however, esp and wallhacks are a different thing
Message 6 of 15 (387 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

as i said, esp and wallhacks are indeed very hard to combat. but speed hacks? comeon, the server sees your every move, it's a walk in a park to combat speed hacks.

same with aimbots, the client can communicate the enemy's location and the crosshair location to the server, the server can run a script that follows the crosshair's location relative to the enemy, and if the movement is minimal (close to 0) over a long time, and more than one fight, you can safely assume that he's aimbotting.

that's why in certain games, you only get 1-2 games with cheats before getting banned

Message 7 of 15 (383 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
cuz money, making such a script requires alot of server power, requiring more servers, so needing more money.
Message 8 of 15 (377 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Cheaters are like herpies there is no way to get completely rid of it and it pops up at the worst times lol

Message 9 of 15 (366 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
at least we can get rid of the most annoying hacks(aimbots and speed hacks)
Message 10 of 15 (348 Views)