Re: how do i get a refund? (sims 4 bundle pack on mac)

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

how do i get a refund? (sims 4 bundle pack on mac)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I recently purchased a Sims 4 bundle pack on origin, consisting of the sims 4- discover university, the sims 4- realm of magic, and the sims 4 tiny living.

All three games downloaded successfully, however once I loaded up the sims 4 only realm of magic was showing in the little icons on the start-up screen, it was also the only of the three to actually appear to be on my game.

After looking into it a little further I became aware that I was unable to use the university pack as I currently have "legacy edition".. not sure if this is the same case with the "tiny living" however that is not showing up either.

I have tried to request a refund but whenever I do I am faced with a message that stops me from progressing saying I do not have any games that qualify for a refund, I also tried to call up but the call options only seem to offer America or Canada (im in Australia). 

I am a little frustrated as I spent $59.95 (AUD) to play these and can only access one of the three. 

A little advice on where to go from here would be great, I'm not overly great with technology and apologise if there is some obvious answer I'm not seeing haha.

Thankyou Standard smile

Message 1 of 3 (5,715 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]

@lisacampo14  Sims 4 packs are considered DLC and are therefore not eligible for automatic refunds, which is why they're not showing up for you as refundable.  However, you can contact EA customer support and request a refund anyway.  Support often makes an exception in the case where people have the Legacy Edition and can't run certain packs.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/using-ea-help/

Tiny Living doesn't run in the LE just as Discover University doesn't; no packs released after October 2019 do.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (5,674 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @lisacampo14, you can find all the information you need in relation to refunding a game purchased from Origin in this help article: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/returns-and-cancellations/

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 3 (5,697 Views)

[ Edited ]

@lisacampo14  Sims 4 packs are considered DLC and are therefore not eligible for automatic refunds, which is why they're not showing up for you as refundable.  However, you can contact EA customer support and request a refund anyway.  Support often makes an exception in the case where people have the Legacy Edition and can't run certain packs.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/using-ea-help/

Tiny Living doesn't run in the LE just as Discover University doesn't; no packs released after October 2019 do.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 3 (5,675 Views)