hold vs toggle, what do you prefer?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

do you like hold aim or just Toggle?

and crouch/slide?

Message 1 of 20 (10,696 Views)

Re: hold vs tap, what do you prefer?

Champion (Retired)

I use 'hold' rather than 'toggle'. I've experimented with the toggle option but I can't get used to it after using hold for a long time.

Message 2 of 20 (10,675 Views)

★★ Expert

Always holding down my sights chief. 

And I do a mix of both crouching and sliding to ensure no one can get an easy headshot off me. 

Message 3 of 20 (10,666 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@ElBirri I think most, if not everyone will say hold
Message 4 of 20 (10,633 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@ElBirri Of course, Hold because it's faster.
Message 5 of 20 (10,598 Views)

Champion

Hold for aim tap for crouch.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 6 of 20 (10,596 Views)

★★★ Guide
@MandatoryIDtag i do the opposite, for me hold for aim add a little weight to my mouse
Message 7 of 20 (10,577 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Always hold for ads. Toggle is extremely clunky and you're also prone to do more mistakes using it, especially under stress.

As for crouch/slide, I have a weird setup: I have hold slide on Q, hold crouch/slide on Ctrl and toggle crouch on C. I use them all.

I use Q for just sliding when running - it's just a more convenient button than Ctrl for common use. I use Ctrl for some other maneuvers (where Q is inconvenient, e.g., backward slide mid-combat) and I use C when I need to crouch for extended periods (e.g., healing behind a small rock).

Message 8 of 20 (10,566 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Koochi-Q wrote:
@ElBirriI think most, if not everyone will say hold

I think it can go either way for PC players. I use toggle because I worry that my grasp on the mouse will be restricted during aiming. Most of my old favourites also had it this way by default.

Mentally when I'm in a firefight, I feel like the action of entering and exiting with two separate presses is like adding quotations at the beginning and end of a sentence. Satisfying. Bullets are like a statement in a way.

Quotation mark:BA-BA-BA-BA-BA-BA-BA!:Quotation mark

I don't see any reason for console players to change up what they've learned from other casual shooters. Using a trigger for toggle doesn't sound practical unless you're constantly keeping the pressure near the threshold.

Message 9 of 20 (10,558 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@ElBirri I just tap for both of them. Tap for ADS is more accurate and feels better and gives me more control. I tap crouch/slide because I like to bounce around the whole match.

Charging shield? *teabags*
Firefight? *teabags*
Doing absolutely nothing? *teabags*
It makes you harder to hit and I only hit the button once vs. twice
Message 10 of 20 (10,518 Views)