Re: hold vs tap, what do you prefer?

by ElBirri

Original Post

★★★ Guide
@ProbablySinning "Tap for ADS is more accurate and feels better and gives me more control."

^^^^THIS x2^^^^
Message 11 of 20 (4,006 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@ElBirri

On Console

Tap for ADS, Toggle for crouch (Fortnite accuracy increase while crouching). I could see the appeal of tap for crouch, but then crouch walking is more work.

Could maybe tap for crouch if on PC or using an elite controller (etc) paddle to crouch.  You need your thumb on the stick, not the button.

Message 12 of 20 (3,998 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Pallo420 wrote:

You need your thumb on the stick, not the button.

Controllers have a claw grip too you know. On an Xbox controller you would just coil your right index finger over the ABXY face buttons. Ring finger placed over the shoulder inputs.

If you're familiar with Dark Souls and you've seen footage where someone is sprinting and controlling the camera at the same time, that's how they're doing it.

It's ideal for most genres. You never lose anything from using it unless you absolutely need to combo or mash as fast as the human hand can go (fighting games or Tony Hawks). But those are the sort of circumstances where controlling the camera is of little importance.

Message 13 of 20 (3,979 Views)

★★★ Guide
@cooperal1012 i don't even know about that, yes i play DS3 and sprint + move camera + roll is awkward to my fingers xD
Message 14 of 20 (3,961 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

Hold for both.

People should not underestimate how good it is to repeatedly croutch and stand up again during head to head shootings.

Pretty sure at least half of the fight i've won head to head were thanks to that.

[EDIT] I noticed some confusion here in the comments about which is which.

Tap means Toggle, not Hold, and Hold is... well Hold.

Message 15 of 20 (3,947 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Wingmannedbro Saw that as well and suddenly saw multiple ppl all of a sudden saying tap and I was like ‘what? you guys do know tap is like tapdancing right... continueously tapping the same button... oh well’.
Message 16 of 20 (3,940 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Wingmannedbro yeah hold for croutch is best in combat.

and about tap and toggle well i edited the title xD sorry by my english skills
Message 17 of 20 (3,931 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@ElBirri No, some ppl were expressing ‘tap’ while I think they meant hold, so it wasn’t your title’s fault xD
Message 18 of 20 (3,926 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Koochi-Q wrote:
@ElBirriNo, some ppl were expressing ‘tap’ while I think they meant hold, so it wasn’t your title’s fault xD

This ^^^

Message 19 of 20 (3,899 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Wingmannedbro ok nvm then xD
Message 20 of 20 (3,866 Views)