Re: gibralter damage

by Dajinn_exe

Original Post

gibralter damage

★★★ Novice

ok i know gibralter and caustic are supposed to take 10% less damage presumably because they are slower than the others that being said it seems like they take 10% more damage because i keep getting downed in like 3-4 seconds flat when playing them yet every other character i play takes more damage to down me

Message 1 of 10 (414 Views)

★ Apprentice

they aren't slower than other heroes but the way the characters and animations are designed they 'feel' slower. in a movement based shooter like this i personally can't play anyone that 'feels' slow as it just ruins my play.

anyway, the 10% passive damage reduction is broken right now, instead of actually reducing incoming damage it just takes 10% of the damage and applies it to your health. you still take the same damage but say if you take 45 dmg from wingman, 10% of it goes to health the rest to shields. 

it's *.

Message 2 of 10 (395 Views)

★★★ Novice

idk man im constantly having to run no weapon just to keep up with everyone elseat a regular pace

Message 3 of 10 (380 Views)

★★★ Novice

as far as the damage thing i will just have to take your word but i get downed so much faster as gibralter its pathetic

Message 4 of 10 (379 Views)

★ Pro
you sure they didn't have there weapons up, when running also?, But yeah they are all same speed, he's bigger is why it looks slower
Message 5 of 10 (363 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@abc1697312998 wrote:

as far as the damage thing i will just have to take your word but i get downed so much faster as gibralter its pathetic

bro, the 2 'big' characters are an absolute dumpster, in this game you NEED to play the small characters to remain competitive. you get downed quickly as those characters because they have such large hitboxes.

those would be wraith, lifeline, and octane at the top. pathfinder has a swiss cheese hitbox so he is broken OP. bangalore, mirage, and bloodhound aren't the best but they're not the worst. 

Message 6 of 10 (350 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Gibraltar runs at the same speed as everyone else however he does get focused down faster. There are two reasons for that and both are centered around his larger hit box. #1 Being bigger means more of the enemy's shots hit you. #2 Being bigger means they're more tempted to shoot you first. I've had an enemy sneak up behind me and a teammate and shoot me first (i main gibraltar) despite the fact that my teammate was much closer. Currently its just easier to win with the smaller characters even if their kit seems less impressive.

Message 7 of 10 (323 Views)

★★★ Novice

positive

Message 8 of 10 (288 Views)

★★★ Novice

yea im only playing him for the extra bp xp althought it would help if i didnt keep getting stuck with loot hungry players always leaving me behind not even pinging hey lets go this way

Message 9 of 10 (285 Views)

★★★ Novice

my dude i can record it for you if you want he really doesnt

Message 10 of 10 (282 Views)