free look

by OlovMetal

Original Post

free look

★★★★★ Newbie

I am loving BF v. One thing I learned from playing another game, Squad. Is that the ability to free-look as an infantry can be so beneficial to tactical awareness while moving from cover to cover. Now returning back to BF. I find that not having a free look is really limiting. One instance is running from A to B. If you wanna go straight and get there at a good time then you sacrifice tactical awareness because you cannot look around, tunnel vision happens. When I move I wanna look around at the same time. Perhaps I may see enemy positions as I run from cover to cover. Currently, I Run, slow down and look left and right and sometimes lose my orientation, then go back to where I was heading. Precious time was spent coordinating movement with awareness and it can cost you in a gun fight. 

I want this Ability in BF. I play on PC so I can pick a button to be free look. With the additional option of at release of button: either my gun goes to where I am looking or My head returns to the guns position. I believe this will improve situational awareness and lead to better movement and positioning. 

Thank you 

Message 1 of 3 (199 Views)

Re: free look

Similar to what we can do in planes then, yeah? I can see the benefits of that, especially now that BF1's spotting mechanic is gone (for the most part). Not really sure how us console peasants could utilize it effective though

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 2 of 3 (188 Views)

Re: free look

★★★★★ Newbie

what i know is that you can look behind you in a plane by pressing mouse wheel

Message 3 of 3 (147 Views)