Re: final nail in the coffin

by Gowron248

Original Post

final nail in the coffin

★ Apprentice

I learned that there will be no variants and only these upgrades and with that I'm just done with the game. I tried my best to hold hope for this broken mess of a game and wanted variants cause at least then it would've been fun.

I understand that people are going to say well the upgrades give variety and yes they do but its only a matter of time before find certain metas and everything else will be redundant.

I honestly prefer variants over this dumb upgrade system, all the variants had things that made them unique, camo trooper has long range but limited ammo, sky trooper had a faster fire rate which led to reloading much more, iron citron had one shot before reloading and it was limited in range, future cactus had amazing power up shot, the imp each had their own mechs as well.

So this is goodbye, I had wasted both my money and times playing this game and I'll never get any of it back

In the end GW2 stands as the superior PVZ game.

Message 1 of 43 (1,530 Views)

★ Guide
@Flyingcows121 Variants are bad for the game if you want an actual competetive game.
Message 2 of 43 (1,493 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Gowron248 But it shouldn't be competitive its pvz game that's trying to be a overwatch game. With the shields from allstar to hero's personal shield, the pushing of an item to a certain point, from how it divides characters into support, attack and healers. Why should I be a supportive character as a engineer? Why not a let me play as a mechanic? Why not let me a painter and snipe? They sacrificed what made the other 2 games fun for the sake of competitive gameplay.
Message 3 of 43 (1,471 Views)

★ Guide
@Flyingcows121 Guess it depends on what you are looking for, I personally want a more competitive game
Message 4 of 43 (1,459 Views)

★★ Guide
@Flyingcows121 I agree with you. PvZ has always managed to walk the line very well between competitive gaming and a game for players of all skill levels.

Take Chomper for example. At first glance, it takes no skill to use him. He has an instant kill ability that can take out any unprepared player instantly. This makes him playable for anyone of any skill level. But when he takes out a player using that ability, it leaves him extremely exposed and easy to kill.

Inexperienced players play as Chomper. The mid tear ability players typically abandon him because they realize all they can manage is a 1:1 kill death ratio.

Then there are the experienced players. Ones who have taken the time to understand Chomper. They understand how to be sneaky and yet rush into the middle of the fight unsuspected. They really understand his moveset, his digestion time, and when to grab players. These experienced players are almost always on pedestals at the end of the match for kill streak and total kills. It is difficult and takes a lot of practice to be these Chomper players.

This game has layers and is competitive for players of all ages and experience levels because of characters like Chomper.
Message 5 of 43 (1,444 Views)

★★ Guide

To me, it's very important that PvZ remains a game for players of all skill levels. It keeps the number of available players for each installment high for an extended period of time. I'm convinced this is one of the reasons I can still play Garden Warfare 1 and there's always a full team on both sides of turf takeover ready to play. A lot of similar games can't say the same thing 6 years after launch.

Message 6 of 43 (1,438 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@newbebop wrote:

To me, it's very important that PvZ remains a game for players of all skill levels. It keeps the number of available players for each installment high for an extended period of time. I'm convinced this is one of the reasons I can still play Garden Warfare 1 and there's always a full team on both sides of turf takeover ready to play. A lot of similar games can't say the same thing 6 years after launch.

New characters (such as Nightcap) cover that.

Message 7 of 43 (1,413 Views)

★★ Guide
@spIash_damage I totally agree. He's just another character with layers.
Message 8 of 43 (1,409 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I’ve been married over a decade and my wife doesn’t game... at all... EVER, period.

Guess who’s been giggling when she Fung Fus bots lately?!

She LOVES being NC and it cracks me up.  As I watched her play NC, I realized the power she has to draw in new people.

Message 9 of 43 (1,406 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@spIash_damagePvZ is how I got my wife into gaming. She was always intimidated by most games. Especially competitive shooters. Now she loves to play PvZ and I'd call her relatively avid gamer over all. Almost as enthusiastic as me. She's even into Apex and can be pretty good competition. All because PvZ is built to be an inclusive game series that still manages to be competitively skill based.

Message 10 of 43 (1,403 Views)