Original Post

Re: dose ea update spore anymore?

★★★ Newbie

Will the servers open back up?

Message 11 of 22 (1,249 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@Clock36744The servers are and have always been up (minus a period of time back in 2017 when Maxis was relocating them).

If you are a new player coming from Steam, EA Play, or Game Pass, you will need to contact EA support before registering an account, as they have to manually add a serial code for the game to your account, since you do not "own" the game. if this is not done, you will get an error in-game.

If you are a disc player, you will need to uninstall the game, and then reinstall from Origin to get the latest version (patching is not possible). Make sure to sign into Origin with the same account used to register Spore. If it does not appear in your library, enter the serial code from the back of the manual.

Message 12 of 22 (1,237 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Why add the game to Gamepass, EA play, and Steam? It's only causing major issues, while taking people's money for a defective product.

Not to mention the thought of spending an extra $10 just for online features, even then that's solely through origin. people have to pay full price from anywhere else!

Value the game itself as $10, as we're only getting half the game otherwise without community interactions.

If it wasn't for single-player being playable, this would be crazy. I have to ask, how many people have reported the game through each platform online is broken on? I'd suspect a lot.

I've been trying to figure this out for days now, seeing as I have Gamepass, can't get online. EA play is the same.

I wanted to get a steam key through a third party website, can't even do that as Steam is also broken for online. Waiting for an "Access" code, is already Fishy to begin with. "Where's my twitch drop bro" replays like a movie in my head.

My frustration turned into the 5 stages of Greif, and Now i no longer care to buy spore. My time was wasted with little to no help, and now i can't make Spore SCPs. Feels Absolutely Crappy.

Message 13 of 22 (1,226 Views)

★★★ Novice
@7466519897986986 we can only hope...
Message 14 of 22 (1,148 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Illium well then for a change make us able to long online again
Message 15 of 22 (1,085 Views)

Never Has Been

★★★★ Novice

"Sims III" never got a sixty-four bit update for "Windows" operating systems. They only updated it on the ":Macintosh" OS, you know, the machine NO ONE PLAYS GAMES ON TO BEGIN WITH.

Message 16 of 22 (1,008 Views)

Serial Key

★★★★ Novice

I got my game from the Steam Launcher Program many, many years ago. How do I receive my Serial Key?

Message 17 of 22 (1,007 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Message 19 of 22 (736 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@mrsdigin Why did you ping me? 😕
Message 20 of 22 (722 Views)