Re: do people play this game or is it multiplayer broken?

by Iron_Guard8

Original Post

do people play this game or is it multiplayer broken?

★★★ Newbie

just wondering if this game is dead or if the multiplayer function is just not working for me.. just says waiting for players and it puts me onto a map and my toon is just standing still  and i cant move and eventually after a few minutes it puts me back at home base or says that I was d/c from inactivity

Message 1 of 6 (763 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

wut region are you playing on? on europe i've heard you should be able to find a lobby easily. on less popular regions like australia try turf takeover since its the most popular mode. since you can't move are you able to pause the game? because you can return to the backyard from the pause menu, although sometimes in boss hunt i've had the problem where i can't do anything in the waiting area.

Message 2 of 6 (741 Views)

★★★ Guide

I play in North America West and I never have trouble getting into games. (Turf Takeover, Mixed Mode, Mystery Portal.) Some of the more specific modes can be empty depending when I play. This is also on PS4. Actually, what platform do you play on? That makes quite a difference.

Message 3 of 6 (729 Views)

★★★ Novice

It might just be server trouble today. My ping rate for all areas is terrible.

My own area is 302, while on the other side of the world it's 158.

I usually get around 20-30.

Although, saying that, some modes are terrible for losing connection or expired sessions recently.

Then again, it could be that nobody in your are is playing the particular mode you selected.

Try selecting another server, by pressing X on Xbox, and start a new search.

Message 4 of 6 (710 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I tried this game on PC servers and was able to get into Turf Takeover mode only along with around 6 people. I tried changing region, however, the situation did not change a lot. This is why I switched to an Xbox version and things are much better here. 

Message 5 of 6 (614 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

There are some serious connection issues at times I've noticed. I'll look for a match and get sent to an empty one, leave, jump back in, and wham! I'm in a match that is at least 16+ people. I play PC NA East and TT pops quickly and the portals are usually fine too, the other modes not so much. I tend to play bot matches for some of those quests.

Message 6 of 6 (575 Views)