Re: controller support

by Mr_Mobile_Target

Original Post

Accepted Solution

controller support

★★ Newbie

Can someone please explain to me how this company REFUSES to progress and have controller support in todays day and age of gaming?!  I used to LOVE playing Battlefield but issues with being a lefty and joint problems forced me to quit since there was no support a while back. With the new release coming and hearing about improvements I was excited to play again UNTIL actually trying. There has been absolutely NO steps taken to have controller support even though every other company does. You mean to tell me I HAVE to find and download additional 3rd party software to my pc that this company will NOT support to use the game??!! That's absurd! Connecting through Steam, big picture mode and changing settings does nothing since the company itself refuses to support controllers. There are tons of people in my gaming community with similar issues and physical limitations that REQUIRE using a controller to play games. Not only does this change my mind about pre-order but about purchasing the game at all, especially through this greedy company that doesn't seem to care about us players at all. Very disheartening. When I tried to find out more and get help through chat support with a Morty he completely cut me off while typing and left the chat. Thanks so much Morty and Origin for reminding me why I left your sorry excuse of a gaming company to play Warzone and other games where EVERYONE can play and support is good.

Message 1 of 8 (967 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @wintersteale I understand that you are frustrated but when posting on AHQ please do so in a polite and constructive manner.

I will pass your feedback on to the team.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (932 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @wintersteale I understand that you are frustrated but when posting on AHQ please do so in a polite and constructive manner.

I will pass your feedback on to the team.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 8 (933 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I want to play Battlefield 3, but I am not sure if I can use a controller to play it, since I´m not used to a mouse for gaming. Also, I wanna know if there is a campaign for this game or online playing only. I would love to play it only for a campaign.

Message 3 of 8 (642 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @mocks007 if you add the game to Stream as a non-Steam game then you can launch it in Big Picture Mode and use a controller.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 8 (620 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@wintersteale have you been able to figure it out i was playing on xbox elite series 2 it went bad i got a new regular xbox controller and its all wrong.
Message 5 of 8 (588 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

I am having a similar issue with there being ZERO support for my Logitech Extreme 3D pro flight controller,

I am unable to use those console style controllers due to arthritis in both my hands.

My flight controller works fine in all my other battlefields just absolutely no support for it or any other type of controller

in 2042 other than those console style controllers.

EA/Dice need to re-instate support for flight controllers in 2042 as not everybody has a console style controller,

not to mention we have spent hundreds of dollars on flight controllers for just this type of game only to be fobbed off by EA/Dice

not adding support for them in 2042.

Message 6 of 8 (438 Views)

★ Apprentice

also why is this thread marked as solved when i see NO Resolution of the issue posed on this thread ???

Message 7 of 8 (434 Views)

★ Apprentice

OK... just purchased an Xbox style Controller for PC that is windows 10 compatible from an EA Games store,

installed the drivers, Did a controller calibration and its working fine EXCEPT in 2042 which is not even recognising it!!!

I even rebooted my PC and 2042 still wont recognise it!!!!!

Message 8 of 8 (414 Views)