connect my steam account

by 1818yu

Original Post

Accepted Solution

connect my steam account

★ Novice

I linked my ea account with my friend's steam account due to special circumstances. After that, I unlinked my account in a very short time. Now I want to connect my ea account with my own steam account and find some problems, please help me.

My ea account: [edit: email address removed]

My steam account: https://steamcommunity.com/id/1818yu

I am grateful if you can help me!

Message 1 of 6 (422 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: connect my steam account

Community Manager

Hey @1818yu,

I'm afraid that once you've linked one Steam account to your EA Account, you won't be able to link a different Steam account to that same EA Account, even if the first is unlinked. There is a bit more information about that process here.

You would only be able to link your Steam account to an EA Account that hasn't had any prior Steam accounts linked to it. If you're having trouble with that, please reach out to an advisor and they can take a look, as it's not something we're able to assist with on the forums.

Mako.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (410 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @1818yu,

I'm afraid that once you've linked one Steam account to your EA Account, you won't be able to link a different Steam account to that same EA Account, even if the first is unlinked. There is a bit more information about that process here.

You would only be able to link your Steam account to an EA Account that hasn't had any prior Steam accounts linked to it. If you're having trouble with that, please reach out to an advisor and they can take a look, as it's not something we're able to assist with on the forums.

Mako.png
Message 2 of 6 (411 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Mako Thanks for your help
Message 3 of 6 (401 Views)

Community Manager
@1818yu No problem, happy to clarify!
Mako.png
Message 4 of 6 (394 Views)

★ Novice

Super late, but why is it like this?! Why cant I link a new account? It's made me lose a lot of progress because I can't link new account, and EA wont clarify why that is.

Message 5 of 6 (236 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Jxlle_0 it is now possible to unlink accounts from your EA account there there are certain restrictions: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/unlink-gaming-accounts-from-ea-account/

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 6 of 6 (219 Views)