Re: cheaters, cheaters and more cheaters...

by Hashield

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice
Acabo de jugar y un tramposo con más de 1200 eliminaciones (y quién sabe cuántos más con otros personajes) ... claramente su sistema de anticheat (EAC) no funciona ... Tengo el video si alguien quiere que haga algo realmente porque él Claramente juega y hará mucho más sin que nadie haga nada al respecto ...
Message 21 of 27 (293 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I see two major cheats:

1. Movement cheat where player "zip" from one place to another place in an abnormal way.

This cheat is easy to detect and ban since player coordinate is recorded and reported to the server, so any abnormal zip should be easy to detect and ban. A developer just needs to define what is consider possible movement and what is consider abnormal then give warning/ban whatever consider abnormal.

2. Aimbot cheat where player always hit headshot even on crazy distance or during crazy movement.

This cheat is a little tricky to detect since we need to distinguish if this's a cheat or really good player.

Dev can define what is considered "normal" accuracy of a new player (which usually < 60%) or certain distance with certain gun recoil.

For example:

if a new player, who account is brand new, never play apex before, but suddenly able to register 95% accuracy in their first few matches, we can warn/ban them.

If normal accuracy for 500 meters with gun x is around 50%, but this new guy can hit 90%, we can warn/ban them as well.

Message 22 of 27 (275 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

on the contrary, detecting the aimbot is easy and more complicated for those who dissimulate but it is still detectable ... I think the most difficult to detect is the wallhack (when they only use that) this game has at least 10% of cheaters and they only detect 1%. When cheaterrs have many deletions, I want to say that the EAC does not work and is useless

Message 23 of 27 (261 Views)

★★ Guide

@Hashield wrote:

on the contrary, detecting the aimbot is easy and more complicated for those who dissimulate but it is still detectable ... I think the most difficult to detect is the wallhack (when they only use that) this game has at least 10% of cheaters and they only detect 1%. When cheaterrs have many deletions, I want to say that the EAC does not work and is useless

I agree with this, but i would say that aimbots are prolly not used that often because they are so easy to see. I remember Overwatch was plagued with a hack that would pull the aim to the closest enemy everytime the user pressed LMB, so if you played characters with slow firing guns like mccree or widow it would just look like you were flick aiming. Theres also triggerbots and recoil scripts thats almost imposible to detect even if you watch the replay.

Message 24 of 27 (254 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Well, if they get a decent security system then their report system will be useful. If they can detect the current programs being used and get rid of them, then they'll have 90% less reports; then the game will feel so much better.

How does OW, CS:GO, Fortnite, or other FPS's block these cheaters?
Message 25 of 27 (241 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@7cyanide wrote:
Well, if they get a decent security system then their report system will be useful. If they can detect the current programs being used and get rid of them, then they'll have 90% less reports; then the game will feel so much better.

How does OW, CS:GO, Fortnite, or other FPS's block these cheaters?

CS:GO have that overwatch (not the game) thing where prominent players look at replays. Overwatch have active admins, ranked, a functioning report system and the cheaters have to buy the game again everytime they are caught. Fortnite is a crossplatform nightmare so they are prolly so used to taking it up the * they won't even notice the cheaters. 

Message 26 of 27 (234 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I already tell them to denounce is useless and we just waste time ... first of all they do not ban them and if they do it it takes weeks ... second: another account is created instantly ... third: again we have the same hacker playing for weeks ... where was our initial report ??? It's that simple ... REPORTING DOES NOT WORK FOR NOTHING.

Message 27 of 27 (209 Views)