cant connect my steam to my ea account

by vice42069

Original Post

Accepted Solution

cant connect my steam to my ea account

★ Novice

As the title says: I an unable to connect my steam to my ea account. I have opened a case to resolve this in the past but I have been told to wait a few months. It does not let me link my accounts because it says I have already linked a steam account however I never had a steam account under the name posted in the error, and I have never linked a steam account to origin. I have opened a new case but I am not confident that this will be resolved and I am considering making a new ea account so that I can play the BF2042 beta. Can anyone help me?

Message 1 of 7 (866 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: cant connect my steam to my ea account

Community Manager

Hey @vice42069,

While we're not able to facilitate an account link via the forums, I would definitely suggest reaching back out to an advisor about this situation.

In certain specific cases based on prior account activity there may be some steps an advisor can now take to assist, so reaching back out will be the best way to see if that would be an option for you at this point. 

Mako.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (809 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

Have you ever shared your account details with anyone? You should be able to unlink the steam account to your origin account.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/unlink-gaming-accounts-from-ea-account/

Message 2 of 7 (849 Views)

★ Novice
@AverageTommy I have not shared the account with anyone and there is currently no linked steam account
Message 3 of 7 (844 Views)

★ Guide

I'm not really able to help much further, its something an EA supporter worker will have to assist you. 

You can always make a new account for BF2042 is you so wish

Message 4 of 7 (838 Views)

★ Novice
@AverageTommy Yea its a shame that I have this strange issue
Message 5 of 7 (814 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @vice42069,

While we're not able to facilitate an account link via the forums, I would definitely suggest reaching back out to an advisor about this situation.

In certain specific cases based on prior account activity there may be some steps an advisor can now take to assist, so reaching back out will be the best way to see if that would be an option for you at this point. 

Mako.png
Message 6 of 7 (810 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Mako I have and Im just currently waiting on a reply
Message 7 of 7 (798 Views)