Re: cannot uninstall games

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

cannot uninstall games

★★★ Newbie

I just got spore over to origin so I could mod it and not have to deal with the steam version that doesn't work with mods. But, I'm getting these errors:

Could not find the default preferences. the data directory is missing or corrupt. [1004]

Could not find a needed package. the data directory is missing or corrupt. [1004]

Now here's the thing, I tried repairing the game. It did nothing. same exact stuff. And the kicker, I've tried uninstalling the game, and my computer just hangs for a quick moment and then nothing happens. I was able to uninstall Spore GA no problem but base game won't do it. I've tried many methods too. I tried giving administrative privileges, I've tried control panel, and when I hit yes, still nothing happens. I have tried clearing the origin cache. I've removed and reinstalled origin. I've tried clearing cache then reinstall origin, and again with a restart in the middle. None of those options have worked and it's getting on my nerves.

Message 1 of 3 (446 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @apachegoboom are you seeing this issue when uninstalling the game from steam?

If so I would recommend taking a look at some of the threads on Steam where this issue is discussed: https://steamcommunity.com/app/17390/discussions/0/864973980864791186/#p1

Dakrko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (424 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @apachegoboom are you seeing this issue when uninstalling the game from steam?

If so I would recommend taking a look at some of the threads on Steam where this issue is discussed: https://steamcommunity.com/app/17390/discussions/0/864973980864791186/#p1

Dakrko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 3 (425 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Nope not a steam issue else I wouldn't have come here. I deleted spore from there, completely closed down steam, and installed spore on origin. I actually did manage to fix the issue on my own though. I deleted the regestry files using the regedit in windows and everything works as it should now.

Message 3 of 3 (410 Views)