★★ Newbie

update for report cheater/hacker in game play

all cheater i found in game is nick using chinessee name

dont let the game be ing suck

Message 1 of 6 (267 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: can update hack/cheat report dev???

Community Manager

Hey all, if you are in game and suspect a user of cheating then please report them by following the steps in this link: https://www.easy.ac/en-us/support/apexlegends/contact/report/

We take all reports very seriously and will fully investigate.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (248 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey all, if you are in game and suspect a user of cheating then please report them by following the steps in this link: https://www.easy.ac/en-us/support/apexlegends/contact/report/

We take all reports very seriously and will fully investigate.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (249 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I absolutely love the CM-BOT copy/paste response in every thread. Really shows how EA\Respawn are addressing the elephant in the room. 

Message 3 of 6 (244 Views)

Hey!

Last Saturday we got a report from the Respawn team addressing the issue.

CHEATERS

As of today we’ve banned over 355K players on PC through Easy-Anti-Cheat. The service works but the fight against cheaters is an ongoing war that we’ll need to continue to adapt to and be very vigilant about fighting. We take cheating very seriously and care deeply about the health of Apex Legends for all players.

We are working on improvements to combat cheaters and we’re going to have to be pretty secretive about our plans. Cheaters are crafty and we don’t want them to see us coming. With that said, we can share some high levels things we’re doing:

• We are reaching out and working directly with experts, both within and outside of EA, in this area that we can learn from.

• Scaling up our anti-cheat team so we have more dedicated resources.

• We are adding a report feature on PC to report cheaters in game that goes directly to Easy-Anti-Cheat.

Source: Apex Legends - Repawn Check In

You can see they are working on this and also want to improve there anti-cheat.
This is a process that takes time and has to be done carefully.

They don't want to risk banning innocent players or just not banning the cheaters.

Please be patient Embarrassed

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 4 of 6 (236 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Easy-Anti-Cheat is a bucket with massive holes in it. Upgrading it to a shinier bucket, while leaving the holes as they are, is not going to fix the problem. The problem is using the Source Engine. And the Source Engine is the core of the game. It's old, outdated, and full of holes. Hackers have been penetrating it for almost 20 years now. They're are just now trying to play catch-up with hackers who've had nearly two decades of a head start.

I wish the game devs the best of luck. I truly do. I enjoy this game, and would to see it thrive and flourish. There is so much potential here. But if the roots of the tree are rotted, it's not going to grow. I wish it were different.

Message 5 of 6 (233 Views)

★★ Guide

@RimauBuluah wrote:

update for report cheater/hacker in game play

all cheater i found in game is nick using chinessee name

dont let the game be ing suck

They already mentioned they are working on a better report system, which is one of the reasons the BP is probably taking awhile as I'm sure they'd want to release that immediately with the BP. 

They also said they are pooling more resources to their anti-cheat team to help combat hackers in the future better.

As for using the source engine, the thing is regardless of what they use hackers have been penetrating EVERY system since PC gaming began, even back in CS 1.6, Diablo 1-2 etc etc. Since I could remember gaming on my PC eons ago there have always been hackers in every single game. So it's not just here or specifically their fault, PC gaming has always been this way, granted some games you just don't notice it as much, but in PvP and FPS games you'll see it rampant all over the place. 

Not that this is an excuse of course it's just something you need to expect on a PC game. Hackers haven't been stopped since ages ago and without a severe intrusion in privacy it would be impossible to stop them fully.

Message 6 of 6 (225 Views)