calling dibs

by Huntinwabits

Original Post

Re: calling dibs

★★★★★ Guide

@RevenanT-G7 

Only thing I use dibs for is to keep something on the screen in case a teammate missed it and I only dibs lvl 3 and 4 and they are free game to whoever gets to them sooner

honestly in my eyes you are crazy if you think I am going to let you run across map when I am right next to something I need but keep believing that 

Message 11 of 38 (538 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@neillkorey wrote:

@RevenanT-G7 

Only thing I use dibs for is to keep something on the screen in case a teammate missed it and I only dibs lvl 3 and 4 and they are free game to whoever gets to them sooner

honestly in my eyes you are crazy if you think I am going to let you run across map when I am right next to something I need but keep believing that 

???

Why use insults to make a point to be relevant ?

and your assuming I'm running from across the map @ 80 to 150 meters out which in reality I'm probably no more then 10 -20 meters away.

Your the type of player that puts yourself above all else including teammates. Then your the one to be running out guns blazing and be the first to get knocked, pinging the enemy while your down. while forcing your team to over compensate and pick you up before you get eliminated.

see I can make assumptions too. /smh

Message 12 of 38 (511 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@RevenanT-G7 

Did not mean you harm not really sorry  if it did but that was not intention just sharing my opinion honestly 

Message 13 of 38 (498 Views)

★★ Pro

I think a "lock" mechanic would limit and/or hinder some teams... We can't suggest a rule for an entire player-base because we get frustrated in a few matches. The fact is, if you patrol these forums, there aren't a ton of people worried about this, so you have to deal with it and move on. It's going to happen in every BR. 

Message 14 of 38 (468 Views)

★★★ Expert

@RevenanT-G7 wrote:

Playing with some of the randoms out there is bad, I do have to admit. Calling dibs should lock it in for you and no other person can grab it. Those people are the same ones that run into battle and die 2 secs later because he got ambushed. 

A part of me would want that... but imagine how badly that would be abused, people will troll with that and really ruin games for a lot of players.

Message 15 of 38 (453 Views)

★ Guide

It is bothersome when you "dibs" something and your teammate grabs it before you do but hey it happens. Just move on. Even if they implemented the 30-60 seconds "dibs" block could you imagine the trolling that could still cause.

You're low health with an ongoing battle against another squad and you request syringes, so one teammate drops you a couple or even a med kit and pings them. The other teammate "dibs" it and you're gonna have to stand there waiting for the "dibs" block to expire before you can grab it and heal. Much rather leave the "dibs" mechanic as it is than to make it worse and adding a blocking mechanism. If it happens, it happens. Don't pout over it, just move on.

Message 16 of 38 (439 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@GboyBhabitz670 wrote:

It is bothersome when you "dibs" something and your teammate grabs it before you do but hey it happens. Just move on. Even if they implemented the 30-60 seconds "dibs" block could you imagine the trolling that could still cause.

You're low health with an ongoing battle against another squad and you request syringes, so one teammate drops you a couple or even a med kit and pings them. The other teammate "dibs" it and you're gonna have to stand there waiting for the "dibs" block to expire before you can grab it and heal. Much rather leave the "dibs" mechanic as it is than to make it worse and adding a blocking mechanism. If it happens, it happens. Don't pout over it, just move on.

isn't that against the TOS in game though under harassment and abuse ?

[unless they need the med kit]  take a quick video and with proof report for abuse could you not ?

No I will not move on,thank you for letting me know though I can move on. Now that I have your "permission" I feel I'm free to leave when I want. 

/rolls eyes

Message 17 of 38 (422 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@RevenanT-G7 

Are you kidding me right now now you want someone that dibs to much to be reportable yeah cause that is way easier than just leaving it the way it is 

Message 18 of 38 (395 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

It's not 100% "dibs"

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but do they not also call out  " I need it "?

One could defend themselves by stating that your character did not say "dibs", but rather your character actually said "I need it"

Then, you would have to check the video replay to determine who was in the wrong. Then, ask the devs to implement two different ways of reporting either player because they "wanted" an attachment for their"precious". Then, throw a hissy fit because life, again, has treated you unfairly.

Heart

Message 19 of 38 (389 Views)

★ Guide
Implement that blocking mechanic and keep reporting, or use it how it is and let it be?...hmm seems like the obvious choice would be to just leave it at that. Do parents always give their children what they want? I'll let you have some time to think about that...

Of course not. If they ask for alcohol because they saw older people drinking it.. yeah sure because when you say you want it or need it, by all means you can have it. Once you call "dibs" its automatically yours so go grab a bottle and I'll buy it for you because that seems to be how the world works....nope.

Sure you may call "dibs" but it isn't yours if someone else closer needs it and gets it first. I've had many encounters where they've taken things I've called "dibs" on but i don't complain about it.Tough loss. So it's up to you, use what you are given and move on or not. Choice is yours
Message 20 of 38 (369 Views)