Re: calling dibs

by 1ronKeys

Original Post

★ Guide

I respect dibs 99.9% of the time. But if I was standing over it while it was marked and picked it up literally in the moment you call dibs, you can stop whining about it.

This is my problem, I get * teammates that don't look at their mini map and realize I was basically on the item when it was marked and you dibs it as I'm picking it up and you start having a hissy fit and quit.

Good job, 

Message 31 of 38 (335 Views)

Champion

@Zulopi  Even more so when they've ran off 200m+ away and think they can suddenly run back and lay claim to any loot they want.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 32 of 38 (321 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Huntinwabits It's a shame when decency isn't in everyone's arsenal...
I usually note how those players tend to play more selfishly anyways. Don't count on those players to utilize their D.O.C. Drone, or provide cover-fire when retreating/healing, and they just might turn around and runaway 5... hundred miles away to heal.
Message 33 of 38 (297 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Huntinwabitsas you can see in this thread, some people are just plain selfish and have no shame admitting to it. They make excuses for themselves and their sorry behavior but that's all they have... excuses.
These "me first" types undoubtedly drag their team down both in performance and morale.
Personally, I'd rather treat people fairly. I'll pick up the item they've dibbed just to drop it for them when we link up even if they're on the other side of the POI. Even if I could use an item, I'll leave it for the person who dibbed it regardless of if I happen to be on top of the item but they're 3meters away.
A little bit of good will goes a long way and definitely breeds an atmosphere of teamwork rather than that of animosity.

Really, the only time it's okay to take anything someone has dibbed is when they dib it but then leave the area completely. At that point, it's safe to assume they didn't really want it.

Message 34 of 38 (283 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@xTomboyRespecter   to elaborate on the example i provided. If a player has completely abandoned their team already by charging off on their own without so much as a directional ping, i personally think they've forfeited dibs rights in the area that their team is looting in.

I'm personally of the mindset that if a person refuses to work as a team, I'm not going to ignore pinged loot I need when I'm in the near vicinity simple because they've dibsed it from some ridiculous distance away. I've left items before due to this scenario and it's only ever had a negative impact in the long run.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 35 of 38 (256 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Nothing worse than having no ammo or no heals, your health meter is clearly empty, pinging you need health.

TM1 pings surriges/med kit. TM2 takes them all despite being full health.

Game is full pos/idiot players.

Message 36 of 38 (247 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

youre the type of guy who loot goblins but are always * downed first in fights. probably end games with low damage/kills because youre incapable of being carried

Message 37 of 38 (235 Views)

[ Edited ]

@HuntinwabitsI try to respect dibs in most instances. But sometimes I either don't see that they dibs it. If they just say something I'll give them what ever it was.

The only times I don't, are when the person who dibsed it is a loot hog, they have 1 fully kitted gun mean while I have 0 attachments for mine.That or if I was already next to the item and was in the process of picking it up but could not get my cursor over it before they placed the dibs.

I'm actually fairly relaxed with attachments. I like to run a prowler/hemlock. If I know my teammates running a Devo or Volt I'll give them the better barrel mods. Similar stuff with magazines.. If I have a Hemlock and they are running a wingman I'll give them the better extended magazine.

@MandatoryIDtag Yup! Plus if it's a hot area with enemies. I'm going to grab attachments I can use to win that specific fight. Dibsing has 0 meaning when you and enemy team are in the same area. I will pick it up to bring it to them. If we are a large distance apart and I can carry it and don't need it. I had one guy rage at me for doing that for him and the item was already 50M into Ring 2 by the time he got there he would have had to run 150-200M through the storm.. And he was raging at me for carrying it to him.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 38 of 38 (232 Views)