Re: calling dibs

by jonesy0218

Original Post

calling dibs

★ Pro

Then the POS  teammate runs and grabs it, This has happened MULTIPLE  times, I guess calling dibs doesn't matter. I can understand if it was a gun etc at beginning of game, But on scopes/clips, I mean  CMON

Message 1 of 38 (1,954 Views)

★★ Expert
It's actual use is for calling dibs. Most use it for marking it for later use in case they change weapons..And really... it is first come, first serve. Since when do people call shotgun and "always" get the front seat?
Message 2 of 38 (1,928 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Playing with some of the randoms out there is bad, I do have to admit. Calling dibs should lock it in for you and no other person can grab it. Those people are the same ones that run into battle and die 2 secs later because he got ambushed. 

The only advise I can say is try and find people that you have similar play styles with and befriend them. 

Those people and the ones that loot right from under you, need to start  to play as a team because they're only hurting themselves at this point.  Soon enough they're is not going to be anyone playing with them as the months go bye. The game is relatively "new" and still people are coming in on Console. I always get queued up with low level players, But how much longer before people will have groups to play with and the only people left are them playing with the ones that loot from under people and the few lost souls that didn't think a head of time.

Message 3 of 38 (1,927 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

1. @Huntinwabits wrote:

Then the POS  teammate runs and grabs it, This has happened MULTIPLE  times, I guess calling dibs doesn't matter. I can understand if it was a gun etc at beginning of game, But on scopes/clips, I mean  CMON

Hold on now. Be more specific here. If you’re far as hell from the item, and I’m closer, you think I’m just going to let you grab the item because you tapped a key/button faster? When I need it as well? * outta here. First come first serve. Screw your dibs. People just use this as an excuse because they weren’t at the right place at the right time. Just accept that you lost it. Now if you called dibs, made it there first, and then someone runs up and snatched it, okay yeah I can see where your frustration comes. But other than that, nah chief

Message 4 of 38 (1,912 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@Ge0hDude wrote:

1. @Huntinwabits wrote:

Hold on now. Be more specific here. If you’re far as hell from the item, and I’m closer, you think I’m just going to let you grab the item because you tapped a key/button faster? When I need it as well? * outta here. First come first serve. Screw your dibs. People just use this as an excuse because they weren’t at the right place at the right time. Just accept that you lost it. Now if you called dibs, made it there first, and then someone runs up and snatched it, okay yeah I can see where your frustration comes. But other than that, nah chief

So whats the point of having a dibs mechanic in the game them, other then for call dibs on something ?

Isn't that the point of it.

Message 5 of 38 (1,904 Views)

★★ Pro

Common, there is nothing wrong with the dib feature. The main feature is to lock the item on the screen until picked up. A secondary feature is that you get to tell your team that you need it. Guess what, maybe your team mate also needs it? 

The important thing is your team got an item they needed. 

The «wrong» here is people that hogs everything and doesn’t care about the team. Imagine if these people could dib stuff thus preventing teammates to pick it up, that would be broken

Message 6 of 38 (1,887 Views)

★★ Pro

Unfortunately, you can't control randoms... lol "dibs" is mainly for locking an item on your screen so you know where it's at. 

Message 7 of 38 (1,873 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@RevenanT-G7 wrote:

Playing with some of the randoms out there is bad, I do have to admit. Calling dibs should lock it in for you and no other person can grab it. Those people are the same ones that run into battle and die 2 secs later because he got ambushed. 

The only advise I can say is try and find people that you have similar play styles with and befriend them. 

Those people and the ones that loot right from under you, need to start  to play as a team because they're only hurting themselves at this point.  Soon enough they're is not going to be anyone playing with them as the months go bye. The game is relatively "new" and still people are coming in on Console. I always get queued up with low level players, But how much longer before people will have groups to play with and the only people left are them playing with the ones that loot from under people and the few lost souls that didn't think a head of time.

Calling dibs should lock the item?
Have you given this fact any thought?

Imagine the trolling capabilities with this..

I don't see how your cross hair being the closest to the pinged item direction should be worth more then being closer to the item.

The only problem i see with this system is that a 2nd person cannot dibs. so the first person knows oh darn he's closer i'm not going to start running towards it.

Because i believe the useless running towards it is the reason its frustrating.

Message 8 of 38 (1,845 Views)

Community Manager

@DaAceXD wrote:

@RevenanT-G7 wrote:

I don't see how your cross hair being the closest to the pinged item direction should be worth more then being closer to the item.

The only problem i see with this system is that a 2nd person cannot dibs. so the first person knows oh darn he's closer i'm not going to start running towards it.

@RevenanT-G7 

Locking the items would unfortunately set it open for abuse. Dibs is there as a way to communicate to your squad mates you could use it. We'll take a look at feedback for this and appreciate you bringing it up. Hopefully you have some better experiences with other players going forward that will honor "dibs."

Blueberry.png
Message 9 of 38 (1,797 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@EA_Blueberry wrote:

@DaAceXD wrote:

@RevenanT-G7 wrote:

@RevenanT-G7 

Locking the items would unfortunately set it open for abuse. Dibs is there as a way to communicate to your squad mates you could use it. We'll take a look at feedback for this and appreciate you bringing it up. Hopefully you have some better experiences with other players going forward that will honor "dibs."

@EA_Blueberry  True but it could be placed on a 30 -60 sec timer and be refreshed if no one grabs it.  Meaning the item goes back to being undiscovered by a teammate / player. and the person that pings it can't call "dibs".

I was just trying to put something out there so the community can discuss it while the Devs find a way to better implement the "dibs" mechanic / function. That would fit when playing with randoms if at all.

/shrugs

Message 10 of 38 (1,694 Views)