Re: buy games while in another region

by Straatford87

Original Post

Accepted Solution

buy games while in another region

★ Novice

Hi, 

I am currently in asia for personnal reasons and am going back home in europe in a few weeks. I was wondering if I could buy games while the sale's going on since I don't know when it ends (seriously it should be clear but I can't find the info anywhere) and still play them when I get home without getting banned or region locked. Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 6 (825 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

Origin does not lock play to specific regions (after all, some people like to vacation and take their games with them).  You should be fine to buy a game in Asia and then continue to play it once you're back home in Europe.

Just note that some countries have "regional" builds that do not contain all languages.  So before you purchase, you'll want to ensure the version that's being sold supports your preferred language.

Alex
Origin Product Team

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (842 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hi @MasCheez

OFFER EXPIRES APRIL 18 2017 10:00 AM PDT.  

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/deals/growyourlibrary (scroll down to see the information)

Message 2 of 6 (807 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Origin does not lock play to specific regions (after all, some people like to vacation and take their games with them).  You should be fine to buy a game in Asia and then continue to play it once you're back home in Europe.

Just note that some countries have "regional" builds that do not contain all languages.  So before you purchase, you'll want to ensure the version that's being sold supports your preferred language.

Alex
Origin Product Team
Message 3 of 6 (843 Views)

EA DICE Team

@MasCheez

I would like to add that we're checking out options to have the sales page clarify when the sale ends.

With that I hope that all your questions are answered. If not, let us know!

Cheers,

Message 4 of 6 (797 Views)

★ Novice

nice to know. i went ahead and bought a game on sale. cheers!

Message 5 of 6 (788 Views)

EA DICE Team

@MasCheez

Glad to hear that we could help.. Large smile

Which game did you get? And I would love to find out how you've been enjoying it when you've gotten some time in!

Cheers,

Message 6 of 6 (781 Views)