Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Feb.22 Support Group Thread--for those of us having to wait )=[Spoilers with

by wijn420

Original Post

Re: Feb.22 Support Group Thread--for those of us having to wait )=[Spoilers with

★★★★ Guide

Level 10, now.  Almost 100 Gear Score.  Still waiting to get my first Rare drop.  Frown  Tomorrow!  High five

Message 231 of 248 (112 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@bulletw1st wrote:

Level 10, now.  Almost 100 Gear Score.  Still waiting to get my first Rare drop.  Frown  Tomorrow!  High five

It's the next morning, my first coffee's not even cold yet and I got my first blue/Rare to drop!  Wow... finally!  Party hat

Message 232 of 248 (99 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Awesome stuff. I think I left my Storm at level 6 last. Want to get to 8 so that I can unlock the Ranger. 

Message 233 of 248 (96 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@wijn420  Now that I'm over 100 Gear Score, Rare stuff can easily be found in Freeplay, just farming chests works pretty well.  Killing red-bar enemies doesn't seem to do the trick, not really yellow-bar, either but if you complete a World Even you'll get Blues.  One thing worth mentioning is that I got disconnected from the game.  Had to relaunch it (booted right back to dashboard).  It's strange but I think since one of the last patches the game automatically puts all lost stuff into your inventory but if you go to the Forge after getting back in, it won't show that you have new stuff (no little crosses next to the gear categories) and YET if you look you'll have it all.  I thought for a moment that I had lost the 5 or so Blues but I didn't.  Before, it was said that you had to fire up another session of Freeplay and then end the session, to get your lost loot.  But I don't think that's necessary.  I did that but nothing missing was shown in the loot screen--I went to the Forge and it was there but nothing indicates to you that you have new stuff.  Strange.  But I didn't lose anything.

Message 234 of 248 (87 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@bulletw1st i also noticed that the new gear indicators were not always active. Glad it wasn't me losing my mind.

I also appreciate it that when I disconnect from a mission and go back in I return to the mission.

I am now getting a chance to play again Yahoo! 

Message 235 of 248 (85 Views)

★★★★ Guide

In the middle of recovering the Javelin of Dawn, won't say more!  But wow, too awesome!  So glad I got crappy equipment.  The challenge is actually pretty good!  High five  Starting to look like a Smurf.  I have a few Rare items!  In a couple more levels I'll unlock my 4th Component.  Then it will be Stronghold time, baby!  Cool

Message 236 of 248 (73 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@bulletw1st wrote:

In the middle of recovering the Javelin of Dawn, won't say more!  But wow, too awesome!  So glad I got crappy equipment.  The challenge is actually pretty good!  High five  Starting to look like a Smurf.  I have a few Rare items!  In a couple more levels I'll unlock my 4th Component.  Then it will be Stronghold time, baby!  Cool

lol Smurf you say. Hehehe. I was too excited to try that Stronghold so went at it on Hard as soon as it became available (Ranger power @ about 80 and pilot level 10). Was a nightmare so I bugged out and did it on Normal with a slightly different kit. Quite a difference between the two but still enjoyable for 1am on Monday morning.

Message 237 of 248 (68 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@bulletw1st wrote:

It's the next morning, my first coffee's not even cold yet and I got my first blue/Rare to drop!  Wow... finally!  Party hat

I went rogue on this one again ... Nabbed me some 100 blue embers from the store at 1000 coin.  Not a bad deal seeing as I get quite a bit of coin from the alliances with my PS4 buddies.  That is quite cool.  My son asked me to level-up his pilot to level eight so that he can unlock the next Javelin.  So gonna ground my pilot for a bit and grind out his one this week (He has to study for term exams).

Gonna be fun!

Correction... 1 blue ember is 1000 coin, not 100 blue embers sowi.

Message 238 of 248 (62 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

BioWare is panel beating Anthem nicely for us.. There is a (largely loot specific) update in the works the will be released within the next day or so..

https://www.pcgamer.com/anthem-is-getting-a-loot-overhaul-tomorrow-here-are-the-details/

Here's an extract from this site.. 

1. Inscriptions are now better for the items they are on
    • This applies to new items earned in Anthem (not existing ones in your Vault)
    • If an inscription applies only to the item it is on (gear icon), it will be useful to that item. Otherwise the inscription will provide a Javelin wide benefit
    • For example, an Assault Rifle will not have an item specific +pistol damage inscription. It may have a +electric damage suit wide inscription (cool for a lightning build)
    • Some more information below
  2. Removed uncommon (white) and common (green) items from level 30 drop tables
    • This was a highly requested change and we agree, so that’s that.
  3. We have reduced the crafting materials needed to craft a masterwork from 25 masterwork embers to 15 masterwork embers
    • As you salvage or harvest, you should be able to craft more masterwork items to get the inscriptions you are looking for
    • Now that inscriptions are more relevant to their item, this should yield better results for players

Irving also elaborated on inscription change details. Whereas previously, inscription pools were generic, now each item type has its own set of inscription options for each of its pools. 

Here it is in Irvings' words:

Current: There are a large pool of inscription options available to roll on items, the inscription pools are generic (e.g. Weapons)

• Every masterwork item has 4 inscriptions – Major Primary, Minor Primary, Major Secondary, Minor Secondary

Change: Each item type now has a specific set of inscription options for each of their inscription pools. The pools are smaller and are targeted to the specific item type

• E.g. there used to be a Weapon pool, now there is an Assault Rifle pool and the assault rifle pool has 4 pools for each of the inscription types listed above

• Primary inscriptions are focused on damage or survivability
    • Any item specific inscriptions (gear icon) will always benefit the item they are on
    • Javelin wide inscriptions (suit icon) will benefit damage or survivability across the whole Javelin.
  • Secondary inscriptions focus on utility and can be targeted to the item (gear icon) or the entire javelin (suit icon)

I am donning a Ranger Power Level 153, Pilot Level 14.9, Also blue like a Smurfie Cool

Message 239 of 248 (143 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@wijn420   Yeah, I just checked that out on Ben Irving's Twitter page.  BioWare really had no choice.  It is amazing though:  I have been playing Destiny since the very beginning and there were dozens of moments where Bungie "had no choice" and yet they did nothing, or rarely did anything; and if they did do something somewhat positive they quickly did something utterly foolish ("one step forward, two steps back"). 

So, this is BioWare trying something, something not very good; getting called out for it, considering the backlash, realizing their mistake and pretty much fixing the game immediately.  Which is what you would expect a developer to do if they are serious about saving their game.  And this sort of quick response must give you hope, as a player.  I can't imagine Anthem not being an extremely fun and good game a few months from now.  I imagine lots of new players coming in because they'll enjoy themselves a lot more in Anthem than in any other game that will be out there.  It is extremely unfortunate that Anthem had suck a rocky beginning.  Had the game been in the state that it will be in when they update the loot system (either today or tomorrow the change will be implemented) Anthem would have been an amazing success. 

But any intelligent gamer just has to look at the company doing their jobs.  Everything is being addressed and not slowly but quickly enough.  All that's left is the addition of content.  But for people like you and I we're still building our characters.  I would not be ready for new content, yet.  Probably not for another week or week-and-a-half, anyway.  Not everyone can keep up with the YouTubers.  I certainly can't; however, YouTubers like Mtashed are amazing people because the videos he put out lately have clearly outlined Anthem's problems and I know that BioWare watched his videos as part of their discussions regarding the changes they were going to make.  Can't hate YouTubers for being our voice-- they play the game enough to learn quickly what's broken and they send a strong message to the developer on our behalf.  In the case of Mtashed, he's a very smart guy and his suggestions for loot changes in Anthem were spot on.  His opinions usually are.  He knows A LOT about what makes looter-shooters and games in general really good.

I can appreciate people like Mtashed for caring enough about helping to fix the games he loves and helping the community and I can appreciate BioWare for being so receptive and quick to act.  This is a good day for Anthem, indeed; historic, in a sense because this proves a working relationship between the company and the community.  Something I've not really seen before in other games (not that I've played many) and so I know that Anthem will be okay.  I just hope EA is smart enough to wait for Anthem to really shine.  I realize that sales are not epic but sales will consistently happen and a lot of the ground they lost so far will be slowly made up, over time.  People will always find the best games because gamers want to play games that are fun.  Anthem's a lot of fun.  It's going to get so much better and now with the loot system being on very stable footing, the future's looking very bright.  Just listen to this video and then consider the changes BioWare has made just now about loot... they certainly listened!!

Message 240 of 248 (133 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help