Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Feb.22 Support Group Thread--for those of us having to wait )=

by crackdownjr

Original Post

★★★★ Guide

@IFoxxian  I can assure you that when it comes time to play the PS4 will simply notify you that an "Update File is Available" and it likely won't be more than 1GB, at most.  I doubt even that large.  Shouldn't delay the loading up of the game on your console hardly at all.  The patch itself won't be downloadable until likely just hours before you get to jump in because they likely won't get it over to Sony until just several hours before since it's something they are working on, still.  I can't stress enough how important that DAY ONE PATCH is.  That has to solve every major problem in the game (except for long loading screens which will be addressed further in later patches even though Mike Gamble says that the Day One Patch improves performance for PCs not using SSDs and that better be true, also). 

Message 101 of 248 (104 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@bulletw1st wrote:

@IFoxxian  I can assure you that when it comes time to play the PS4 will simply notify you that an "Update File is Available" and it likely won't be more than 1GB, at most.  I doubt even that large.  Shouldn't delay the loading up of the game on your console hardly at all.  The patch itself won't be downloadable until likely just hours before you get to jump in because they likely won't get it over to Sony until just several hours before since it's something they are working on, still.  I can't stress enough how important that DAY ONE PATCH is.  That has to solve every major problem in the game (except for long loading screens which will be addressed further in later patches even though Mike Gamble says that the Day One Patch improves performance for PCs not using SSDs and that better be true, also). 

I am on Xbox, but since the xbox runs rather similar and will notify me when the patch is ready to download.  So thank you.  =D

Message 102 of 248 (100 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I think the game technically launches on Thursday the 21st at 9pm Pacific time (US West Coast), though by then it will be the 22nd for most of the rest of the world. I have seen reports of Anthem failing to install properly on PC due to some issues with the MSVC++ runtimes bundled with the installer, but I am hoping that wouldn’t require re-downloading the whole entire 51GB of the installer all over again. I have my Origin set to back up the installation file, and will try to install the required packages separately if the installer fails.

Hopefully it is not going to be an issue affecting the console folks <_<

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 103 of 248 (90 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@cake404  Wow.  In another life I was considered by many to be a computer wiz... not anymore.  If anyone can beat down this game on PC it's YOU!!   Best of luck, man!  Truly.

Message 104 of 248 (80 Views)

★★ Guide

i just got home and am feeling really sick. i googled my symptoms and i have contracted a disease that will spread to 100% of this threads reader base.

anthem influenza Dictionary result for anthem influenza
/anθəm ɪnflʊˈɛnzə/
noun

1. a highly contagious viral infection of the cognitive processes causing boredom, severe procrastination, and lack of focus, and often occurring in epidemics.

I will probably have to take 4 weeks off after game launch to recover from this heinous disease...

Sick
Message 105 of 248 (71 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@LeonJAnderson   LMAO!  So I caught that from YOU!  Did I?  BioWare may have to quarantine this whole thread!  Yikes!  Anthem's the cure.  The fresh air and magical plants of Freeplay will make it all as right as rain!

Message 106 of 248 (65 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

Screenshot_20190218-071024_Twitter.jpg

It says "by midnight" I hope that doesn't mean we have to wait. I was supposed to be able to play by 7pm on the 21st in Hawaii lol

Message 107 of 248 (60 Views)

★★ Novice

@crackdownjr wrote:

It says "by midnight" I hope that doesn't mean we have to wait. I was supposed to be able to play by 7pm on the 21st in Hawaii lol

not what he's saying at all even though that's what he's saying LOL  "by midnight" means that's the latest you will have to wait.  He's saying it like that because some people in westerly time zones can jump in up to 3 hours earlier than midnight, their local time.  Some will, some won't. Probably hit and miss depending on state of servers.   But he's saying that the official bioware declaration regarding launch is midnight, your local time.  For you, access might not be right at 7 but some place between that and midnight because clearly they want a bit of a window so don't hyperventilate or nothin' Tongue out

Message 108 of 248 (56 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@LeonJAnderson wrote:

i just got home and am feeling really sick. i googled my symptoms and i have contracted a disease that will spread to 100% of this threads reader base.

anthem influenza Dictionary result for anthem influenza
/anθəm ɪnflʊˈɛnzə/
noun

1. a highly contagious viral infection of the cognitive processes causing boredom, severe procrastination, and lack of focus, and often occurring in epidemics.

I will probably have to take 4 weeks off after game launch to recover from this heinous disease...

Sick

lol this is sooo funny! 

Message 109 of 248 (50 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I did my sums and my playstation pins the go-live time at 3 days, 3 hours and 39 minutes from now. it is now 20:21 on 18 Feb so it indicates that I will be able to start playing on Friday morning  at 12am. Unfortunately I go to bed at that time so will just get any patches running so that I can jump right in on Friday evening. 

I am about 7 hours ahead of the US (Pacific Time).

But then again... There was so much confusion with the launch times last week that I am rather going to wait patiently.  Also want to rather give the servers a chance to calm down. 

Flippit guys Anthem is on the horizon! Two days till download and then 2 more till game time! 

Message 110 of 248 (49 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help