Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Feb.22 Support Group Thread--for those of us having to wait )=

by IFoxxian

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

@IFoxxian wrote:

@HK-SHArK-FiN wrote:
I am glad that there is an early access to test the game prematurely... because there are more bugs you could imagine that could only be fixed on Day1

Oh me too.. Im so glad the early release testers paid more to test the game for us.  Though PC problems dont always translate over to console problems.  So there will likely still be a few console bugs to work out.. but hopefully the 22nd release will be smooth.

For sure it will be smooth, they said another patch will be deployed on 22nd ( with more fixes ).

Message 91 of 248 (136 Views)

★★★★ Guide

So I checked on the xbox store, and it says for me that Anthem will be available to play on the 21st at 10pm.  I actually really hope this is correct..

Message 92 of 248 (123 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Sure hope so for your part!  According to my calculations I can start playing at around 5am on Friday morning.  So I am going to fire up the ol' console and then let it download any updates whilst I try to grind away at the office until 5pm.

Playstation store indicates that I should be able to start downloading the game on 20 Feb.  Heck that's just two sleeps from today!  I can hear the Anthem calling closer now ... muhaha!

Message 93 of 248 (118 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@wijn420 wrote:

Sure hope so for your part!  According to my calculations I can start playing at around 5am on Friday morning.  So I am going to fire up the ol' console and then let it download any updates whilst I try to grind away at the office until 5pm.

Playstation store indicates that I should be able to start downloading the game on 20 Feb.  Heck that's just two sleeps from today!  I can hear the Anthem calling closer now ... muhaha!

I already downloaded the game.. Im hoping that I wasnt mistaken in the download, because I sadly have limited gigs.  I still have plenty at least, but I still hope it wasnt a mistake.  And then there is the patch before the release.

Message 94 of 248 (105 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

A graphic originally posted by @SofaJockeyUK in the thread Anthem pre-order editions and launch date & time shows that certain "Westerly times zones" may have access to the game servers up to 3 hours before midnight.  I just turned on my PS4 which I haven't done in like a week.  Immediately started to download Anthem (like around 30GB).  I am located in a "Westerly Time Zone" so I wonder if that means that I can, potentially, be playing Anthem Thursday night at 9pm, or 10pm or 11pm (as much as 3 hours before midnight) depending on when they decide to flick the switch.  This is obviously a window that they're leaving open for themselves but I'm guessing I'll be in the game sometime between 9pm and 10pm, Thursday night.

*edit:  I removed the graphic because there was a huge gap between it and the text which I couldn't seem to eliminate (pretty wonky).

Message 95 of 248 (101 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Longest 3 days 16 hrs and 4 min....who else is gonna call out sick to play

Message 96 of 248 (98 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

@Kerrick2nd wrote:

Longest 3 days 16 hrs and 4 min....who else is gonna call out sick to play

It feels so long!  I just want to hibernate and wake up when I can play the game..

Message 97 of 248 (94 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@IFoxxian wrote: 

I already downloaded the game.. Im hoping that I wasnt mistaken in the download, because I sadly have limited gigs.  I still have plenty at least, but I still hope it wasnt a mistake.  And then there is the patch before the release.

BioWare, I'm hoping isn't that stupid.  If what you did requires you to re-download the whole game, again, I am deleting Anthem immediately and forcing Sony to give me my money back.  It has to be a safe bet that BioWare built the patch with the build of the game in mind that's available to download.  There's no way on God's green earth that they're going to come back to us and say, "Oh, hey... yeah, you guys gotta re-download a new version of the game and then patch that."  They might as well refund everyone's money at that point and shut down.

Message 98 of 248 (91 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@bulletw1st wrote:

@IFoxxian wrote: 

BioWare, I'm hoping isn't that stupid.  If what you did requires you to re-download the whole game, again, I am deleting Anthem immediately and forcing Sony to give me my money back.  It has to be a safe bet that BioWare built the patch with the build of the game in mind that's available to download.  There's no way on God's green earth that they're going to come back to us and say, "Oh, hey... yeah, you guys gotta re-download a new version of the game and then patch that."  They might as well refund everyone's money at that point and shut down.

Its not a breaker for me.. Its would just be a really big annoyance, and a little bit of a stresser..  But I enjoyed the game to much, and the devs do seem fairly bright.. so I am hoping that I dont have to redownload the game, and all I have to do is download the patch.

Message 99 of 248 (88 Views)

★ Guide

Unfortunately if you a digital DL on ps4 you hard locked to that countdown. That extra 2 to 3 hours won't apply. Never once have I seen a game change that clock even on games where hard copies were playing almost a full day early. I'm going to guess because of the stupid time zone release crap anyone not locked by that digital countdown will be able to play when first time zone hits midnight.

Message 100 of 248 (84 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help