blackridge rivals

by richieluv76

Original Post

Re: blackridge rivals

★ Guide
I hate to agree with @TheRealJony on this one but I did get an AI opponent one time when I was in the top 5 and won a bunch of races in a row...I don't think that it happens unless ure near the top and exhaust the possible opponents via wins...as for being stuck in 4400 limbo, I'm with ya! Winning a couple sp per race but I lost 65 when I lost a race to a Nitro hacker...I put up with losing but not to cheaters...for example, one of the racers in the top 3 uses Nitro the whole race!!! Impossible to beat him and he may be #1 in a couple of days...
Message 91 of 312 (1,220 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@scottfollettthis is precisely why having a lead early on gets you a good exploit to maintain your top rank, i haven't played after reaching 4.5k a few days back, but i am sure if i keep playing  more and get more sp  even i 'd get more ai .

Now think of  this if ai  were absent in the races and you were always paired with real players giving minimum sp depending on how far they are from you,you'd lose a lot more points and gaining them back would be pretty difficult, like tudor rightly said how it is in the 4.4k's.The result would be much lesser difference in the sp of  top 2-3 versus the rest.

Message 92 of 312 (1,214 Views)

★ Guide
If I can hit 4500, I'm stopping for the rest of the pre-season! Lol! Just dropped back to 4400 yet again...lol!
Message 93 of 312 (1,191 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@scottfollett hahaha  i am bored of the game right now happens every now and then, will maybe continue after a few days when i am all charged up. What your ingame username?

Message 94 of 312 (1,189 Views)

★ Guide
givemtheloot...I was 16th to start the day but I fell back to 35th just then...
Message 95 of 312 (1,179 Views)

★ Guide

About the 4500 limbo thing... I actually find it weird and statistically impossible. I reached 4200 mark 10 days ago, I've been playing continuously and never made it past 4375 (5th position, and players at pos 2-4 at thst time have been kicked). Now, may be I am bad, but it is impossible for all 100+ players with 4200sp to be equally bad at the same time. BRR seem rigged to me. Looks like your SP is a function of number of BRR races you play.

Message 96 of 312 (1,135 Views)

★ Guide

OK, I'm really getting over BRR, probably 'cos I don't get it! I'm now 631 races in and it's just not making any sense to me.

1. How does the game decide who I race against?    (SP? PR? #Wins? #Losses? Someone's mood at the time?)
  2. How does the game calculate how many SP I win or lose?   (E.g. (me) 4132 vs (ghost) 4109 LOST = -19SP..... (me) 4156 vs (ghost) 4179 LOST = -24SP)
  3. What skills are we to master to actually progress?    (forget racing well, just get really good at avoiding ramps, obstacles, electronic stuns, traffic & roadblocks)
  4. What impact does PR have on racing performance?    (We aren't shown what PR our opponent's car is on)
  5. What impact does SP level have on racing performance?   (We'd all love to know the answer to this question)
  6. How does the game ensure all players are being 'tested' against the same criteria?    (i.e consistency, fairness... the kinda things important in a competition)
  7. What's the benefit (reward) for reaching the various levels up to Icon?   (uuuh, why exactly are we doing this again?)

These and many more questions cannot be answered with any reasonable degree of certainty. We're left scratching our heads and debating over players' opinions. Why? What's the point of BRR then? Why are the rules of engagement not made clear up front by EA? Why all the mystery and deafening silence from the people who could actually answer these questions?

Five days ago, I managed to reach 4,245 SP... and within two days I lost my Level III rank (to level II) and dropped right down to 3,725 SP... I estimate that I lost 18 of 20 races, mostly due to bizarre acts of car madness, like shaving a car on the left side of the road, and mysteriously 'spawning' on the other side of the road facing the stars.

Yes, I make mistakes in races or could have raced better, but no more than previously (in fact I know I've reduced mistakes and improved technique), yet suddenly I'm being smoked by cars with 200SP less than me. What changed? I didn't have a stroke, or grow tentacles for thumbs, and I didn't change my gaming technique, but the game suddenly had it 'in for me'... it's like someone tied a tractor to my bumper and removed the steering wheel!

Bottom line... BRR doesn't make any sense to me. If I'm the only one who feels this way , then I should probably have my MENSA status revoked and book myself in for a brain scan.

Message 97 of 312 (1,112 Views)

★ Guide
@WildeKnight07 great points! Seems to me that you have grind out a bunch of races for little to no SP and then u are rewarded with a race against someone with a higher SP and that's the "gravy" race where u lose a couple of points or win 50-60. This was true when I was trying to break the 4200 mark and now I'm stuck in the same situation trying to reach 4500! Thing that bothers me is the cheaters I had to race today...one guy finished the race in 17 secs! My best time on that course with a 1020 LaFerrari is 20 secs flat! He took off at the start and was gone!!! Once again, I don't mind losing to better players but not cheaters!!!
Message 98 of 312 (1,101 Views)

★ Guide
Started the day bad but got back up to 4421 sp...don't know if I wanna play again! The comeback started with this race!
Message 99 of 312 (1,065 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@scottfollett who is that with 5210?
Message 100 of 312 (1,045 Views)