Re: battlefield V not launching

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

battlefield V not launching

★★ Novice

all updates are done and the game repaired but anytime i try to launch the game, my fans kick it up a gear for for 10-15 seconds and then the play button on the origin highlights again. when launching through Nvidia GeForce i am met with a pop up that says " This app can't run on your PC. to find a version on your PC, check with the software publisher."

thanks for your help

Message 1 of 9 (812 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

i did all the steps in the link and no corrupt files etc were found. Launched origin, game and still got the same error. After that i reinstalled the origin launcher, since then the game has loaded and works as normal. last thing i try should have been one of the first Confused

i appreciate all the help, Be Safe!

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (623 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @BigBadBrotherJay that error message can mean that there is an issue with your registry.

Can you try the following steps to repair your registry:

• Start > type cmd > right-click Command Prompt > select Run as Administrator
  • Type the sfc /scannow command
  • Let it scan your registry and when it is completed restart your computer. All corrupted files will be replaced on reboot.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 9 (795 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Darko no luck with that. end of the scan it said "windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations. i restarted and tried to launch BFV but the result is still the same
Message 3 of 9 (788 Views)

Community Manager

Can you try creating a new Windows administrator account and try to launch the game there to see if you see the same error message @BigBadBrotherJay?

You can also try clearing the Origin Cache to see if that helps.

You can clear the Origin Cache by following the steps below:

1. Completely log out and close down Origin
  2. Hold down the Windows key and R
  3. Type in "%ProgramData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  4. Now open the Origin folder.
  5. Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for LocalContent (do not delete this one)
  6. Hold down the Windows key and R
  7. Type in "%AppData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  8. This will take you to a Roaming folder, which is located inside of AppData. Delete the Origin folder
  9. Click on the word "AppData" at the top of your window
  10. Open the Local folder here
  11. Delete the Origin folder listed here
  12. Restart your PC and log back into Origin

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 9 (785 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Darko no luck, still failing to launch
Message 5 of 9 (768 Views)

★★ Novice

i have reinstalled the game. i am not getting the black launcher window pop up. it remains black and then i get a pop up window saying

"bad image.exe

D:\Origin\x64\swresample-ttv-0.dll is either not designed to run windows or contains an error. try installing the program again using the origin installation media or contact your system administration or software vendor for support. Error status 0xc000012f.

i cant close the pop up until i close the bfv black launcher window by going into task manager and force closing

Message 6 of 9 (656 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @BigBadBrotherJay this error generally points to an issue with a corrupt system file.

The best thing to do is run the System File Checker: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-o...

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 9 (646 Views)

★★ Novice

i did all the steps in the link and no corrupt files etc were found. Launched origin, game and still got the same error. After that i reinstalled the origin launcher, since then the game has loaded and works as normal. last thing i try should have been one of the first Confused

i appreciate all the help, Be Safe!

Message 8 of 9 (624 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted @BigBadBrotherJay.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 9 (601 Views)