Original Post

Re: basically you guys are to lazy to add character variants rip to mine in gw2

★★★ Novice

I’m glad I’m not the only one that realizes that this game is going to *

Message 31 of 40 (731 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@CornhubOfficial Why do you guys constantly compare gw2 to PVZbfn please understand that these are two different games. Two totally different ips. You spent money cause you wanted them in garden warfare two not this game. No one ever stated that your characters would be transferable. This post sounds like entitlement at its worst. Please play the game and realize it’s not gw3. You have no valid complaint my friend. Good day to you

Message 32 of 40 (719 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I think if they come out with more upgrade perks and costumes then i don’t see the point of needing variants. Example currently is like sunflower vampire perk. All you need is a costume then it’s pretty much the same. 

Message 33 of 40 (705 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@LeCLoutGOAT wrote:

@CornhubOfficial Why do you guys constantly compare gw2 to PVZbfn please understand that these are two different games. Two totally different ips. You spent money cause you wanted them in garden warfare two not this game. No one ever stated that your characters would be transferable. This post sounds like entitlement at its worst. Please play the game and realize it’s not gw3. You have no valid complaint my friend. Good day to you

This.

Message 34 of 40 (704 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I was upset at first too,  but I think if they keep adding different upgrades it can be even better. 

Message 35 of 40 (665 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@CodayaTheSlaya wrote:

I was upset at first too,  but I think if they keep adding different upgrades it can be even better. 

At first when I saw no variants I was leery of this game. The new characters looked like fun, and I'm essentially 'done' in GW1 and 2 so got it anyway and glad I did.

The more I play BfN the less I miss the variants. I do still miss some aspects of them, like being able to fire different sporting equipment as various all-stars, and some of the unique looks the variants had but the new idea of having characters fit more tightly into their roles, and adding more characters down the line instead of variants has a lot of advantages:

-In both GW games, a lot of the variants overlapped with other characters so much, they were often better than the other class at its main role. Look at Citron and especially frozen citron for example. They could snipe better than Cacti thanks to the camera since they could hide behind rocks and still shoot whereas cacti had to expose their head to snipe, the beam is much easier to hit with than a projectile, and of course being frozen so quickly while running from cover to cover was a nightmare.

-Balancing the variants is a nightmare. Right now, the balance isn't perfect in BfN (but then it's not perfect in Overwatch and that game's been out almost as long as GW2), but it will be far easier to get it right without extreme variants of some characters, such as detonation characters, and variants that just weren't that great, such as Rock Pea or Rugby Star. Remember how many times party characters were changed? How about how powerful Toxic Brainz is? Disco Chomper being one of the weakest meter characters in GW2? How often you saw Arctic Trooper? They want to address this.

-Adding entirely new characters is superior to just having variants. One thing we all need to give PopCap credit for is how creative and amusing they've been since the original PvZ game. Instead of just getting a toxic variant of several characters like we had before, we can get a devoted toxic character, and while I will miss the alternate abilities, giving new characters entirely new abilities can really add some fun and excitement to the game once it goes fully live. Plus making entire new models with new rigging, new animations, new abilities, and new customizations takes a lot more work than just giving the Peashooter an icy look.

Message 36 of 40 (661 Views)

★★ Guide

Is this a troll post? This is a new game... why do they owe you anything from the previous game!? What is this nonsense!? 

Message 37 of 40 (658 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@CornhubOfficial  world smallest violin for you, pal.

Message 38 of 40 (620 Views)

★★ Guide

I don't notice any difference between using character abilities and not using them. 

Message 39 of 40 (591 Views)

★★★ Novice
Spoiler

You do realize my point is whether I’m the only one who will post about it or not this new game ya completely divided the small community this game already had you talk about new Characters beats variants but how fast can they pump out new characters before the old ones get dry this game is a total flop whether you wanna admit it or not because half the community already moved but hey say what you want

Message 40 of 40 (486 Views)