banned for cheating, despite not logging in for a month or longer

by Vuldrossa

Original Post

banned for cheating, despite not logging in for a month or longer

★★★★★ Newbie

So I went to log into Apex to play a match for the first time in about 2 months or so and found out I was banned for cheating. Last time I logged into Apex was to just check out the cosmetics I got from Twitch Prime last week or so and didn't hop in a match so I didn't know till last night. I went to my account to see when this happened and why and I found there isn't any records under ban history so I'm wondering why I'm banned? I've been playing on this account on and off since it launched and haven't had any issues this whole time and now all that time, progress and money spent is gone like that and I'm still waiting on a response from customer support and reading through old topics similar to mine I don't have any hope of getting my account back or un-banned. I think I was hacked but I'm not sure since all my settings, user name, passwords, friends list and language settings were left untouched. Anyone have any ideas on what I should do? If I have to start all over again I'm just dropping the game as a whole and never touching it again otherwise

Message 1 of 3 (137 Views)

Re: banned for cheating, despite not logging in for a month or longer

★★★★ Guide

Download your EA data from Origin and copy and paste the evidence of the hack in your support ticket. Don't expect them to expend any effort trying to save ur account. Make sure you enable 2FA. I'm still not sure why Apex Legends hackers can magically crack passwords, by the way, they are really good at it somehow.

Message 2 of 3 (111 Views)

Re: banned for cheating, despite not logging in for a month or longer

Community Manager

Hi @Vuldrossa

It sounds like you believe you were compromised. I'd start with reporting this suspicion to the support team and re-securing your account. After doing so, then flag the ban with Terms of Service to be looked into. 

For re-securing your account, I'll outline below the steps to follow:

1. Contact Support: To start, please send in a Help Ticket to our support team asap through https://help.ea.com/contact-us/
  2. Start Resecuring your accounts: Next, while waiting to connect with an advisor, read through this EA Help article and start resecuring your EA Account: What to do if your EA Account has been hacked. It's a good idea to re-secure any connect accounts also i.e. PSN, Xbox, email account, etc. 
  3. Use Best Practices: Finally, once you've made those changes and resecured your accounts, please keep these best practice tips in mind for protecting your EA account details and renewed security measures (click spoiler tag to expand and view them)
    Spoiler
    • Log out of any devices you share with others once you're finished or if you are leaving your own device unattended for any length of time.
    • Please make sure to not to share your account information or security details with others. 
    • Never reveal your account password. Our support team will never ask you to share that information with us.
    • Only enter your EA account details into official EA websites. 
    • Be aware of fake give-aways surveys or support teams. On social Media official EA accounts will be marked with a ✔️ by their name so look out for those ticks. If unsure, you can always ask us here on Answers HQ, on help.ea.com or by reaching out to our EA Help Twitter Support team

For the ban, please follow the steps in this EA Help article to fill out the webform. Terms of Services will reach out via email once they've investigated it.

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 3 of 3 (95 Views)