Re: bad netcode

by ColdHours

Original Post

★★★★ Pro

@Player_7dlgdume Fr!  We live in an age when the consumer is to blame and the producer is always right. what a world. lol

Message 11 of 16 (423 Views)

★ Guide

Not sure about you all but every game that has come out in the past 5 years everyone says the exact same thing.  Ping is down, hit reg is off, too much lag....etc.  Maybe at some point everyone will realize that putting 60 players who all have different internet connection speeds and set ups, all playing on different versions of consoles or pc's is gonna be a mess.  It will never be spot on nor will everything sync up even close to acceptable in most peoples eyes.  Its impossible.   Just sit back, enjoy the free game and go have some fun.  .  

Message 12 of 16 (404 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Wreck_It_Lopers DICE was doing it in 2005 with BF2 and 64 players. The problem is Dev's are catering to high pingers instead of making people adjust to their own latency. Anyone that grew up playing Counter Strike 1.6 and games like BF2 knows you had to adjust your aim for your own latency by leading targets when you had high ping. Client side hitreg is silly and never should have been a thing.

The netcode matters. I get 15 ping to my nearest Apex servers and half my bullets don't reg on people and they can kill me 5 steps behind cover from the past. BFV has a good balance with their netcode and I do not have these issues. Respawn has been terrible in this regard since launch and there has been little progress in correcting it. There are plenty of analysis updates done on the subject on youtube. It isn't anything to brush aside. It makes people not play their game as good as their version of BR is.
Message 13 of 16 (390 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@GRiPSViGiLBFV was horrendous at the start, the netcode was really bad, receiving all the damage at once, no hit markers, felt like I was shooting rubber bullets etc
They put the effort in and fixed it, works perfect, sort of, now.
They've just let Apex go, seems like no effort to fix it what so ever. I get 9 ping on average feels like 120 at times.

Message 14 of 16 (387 Views)

★ Guide

BFV is still really abd and it varies day to day. The incosistancy is what really gets me, it has no bearing on what the ping says, the little graph says otherwise. Pretty much unplayable with good ping, you get hit as soon as near cover and it continues 2-3 feet around the corner. IT's in an attrocious state and with 2042 being what we expected and told them, they've shown no effort to care or adjust. Call 2042 anything but Battlefield because it's insulting what they are doing.

Message 15 of 16 (264 Views)

Community Manager

Hey there,

Since this is an old thread that hasn't been active for a couple years I am going to lock it to prevent further necro-posting. 

Kent.png
Message 16 of 16 (256 Views)