Re: bad loot everywhere after 3 wins in row!

by xpl0its

Original Post

bad loot everywhere after 3 wins in row!

★★ Apprentice

Hello! I played this game only 4-5 hours  when is realised and stopped for few months. 2 days ago i started again played 7 games and i won 3 games in row in random squads, i was a kill leader in every game with 6-10 kills, after that i can't find a good loot, doesn't matter where i land, places where i is smg i find only ammo no weapon and i dying everytime because of that, another thing which i recognize my hit reg for some reason is not a good like 2 days ago, seems like many shots are not registered. This game remind me on pubg when you don't play for a long time and join, you are immediately very close to get win and matched with low skill players. Yesterday i died probably 10 games in row without kill, just because i didn't found any proper equipement!, its not a good feeling for a player who play old school shoters especially quake 15+ years. I don't really know map and how loot works in this game, but someone from team probably know it and i follow my team in every match. In 10 games, can't be unlucky so much! I just tried the game and i already thinking to left! 

Message 1 of 9 (848 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I love the game, so I'd really love to hear from one of the EA Staff member(s) if there has been some algorithm designed into the game over the placement of loot?

I truly believe as a person and player, that there is some mathematical professionally designed algorithm working here.

I know others feel the same way,  I have dropped many times in locations running around literally for 1-2 minutes never finding much of anything.

EA I also want you to know I am in a Clan, I have also talked to several Clan members who state the same thing, so I know for fact I am not the only one seeing this.

I'm talking about 50 hours of game play that I've run around for 1 minute, where I typically can't find good loot to have a good chance at fighting.

Having only a pistol, white armor,  a few health shields, knock down shields, frag, arc star, syringe and a 1x scope I don't consider a good chance of survival.

Yes, I have literally run around this game 50% of the time finding very little loot, to then mysteriously come across what seems to be a very unfair amount of time, where players are already in full purple armor, a max amount of weapons and myself getting killed a great percentage of time, which has been around 50% of my gaming time of 100 hours and I am not kidding.

The so called "Loot Algorithm" designed into this game seriously places most players at a serious disadvantage the majority of time.

Last week, I was almost ready to just run out of the game and call it quits for the day! I was really getting sick and tired of all the running around I was doing and not finding anything.

I wonder what EA/Respawn thinks here, but there is a huge amount of time that goes with this game, where you are running around trying to find loot, just to have a fighting chance.

This is not just a fighting game, this is a Game of Chance of finding loot!

Maybe it's time to change the name? ---> APEX LOOTWink

Message 2 of 9 (818 Views)

★ Pro
p2020 p2020 p2020 p2020 p2020 p2020
Message 3 of 9 (755 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@xpl0its 

A white shield a pistol and grenades in the beginning of the game is a great chance for survival unless it is a p2020 or Mozambique you should be able to win a gunfight with any other gun in beginning of game unless you run up on a team that got super lucky this is a you problem not a game problem

if you expect to find purple shield and a spitfire r301 or something of that nature in the first minute every game I don’t think br are for you 

Message 4 of 9 (748 Views)

★★ Pro

I don't know if that's the real issue as much as the same places are "High Tier" loot drops (Skull Town - middle of the circle, Air Base - anywhere, really, etc.). If they would randomize the High Tier drops, people would stop going to the same two places every time. 

Message 5 of 9 (731 Views)

★★ Pro

there should be way more good guns laying around to amp up the fun imho.

Message 6 of 9 (729 Views)

★★ Pro

Or do like Fortnite - create a mode with only two guns or certain gun types lol. 

Message 7 of 9 (724 Views)

Community Manager

@xpl0its wrote:

I love the game, so I'd really love to hear from one of the EA Staff member(s) if there has been some algorithm designed into the game over the placement of loot?

I truly believe as a person and player, that there is some mathematical professionally designed algorithm working here.

I know others feel the same way,  I have dropped many times in locations running around literally for 1-2 minutes never finding much of anything.

EA I also want you to know I am in a Clan, I have also talked to several Clan members who state the same thing, so I know for fact I am not the only one seeing this.

I'm talking about 50 hours of game play that I've run around for 1 minute, where I typically can't find good loot to have a good chance at fighting.

Having only a pistol, white armor,  a few health shields, knock down shields, frag, arc star, syringe and a 1x scope I don't consider a good chance of survival.

Yes, I have literally run around this game 50% of the time finding very little loot, to then mysteriously come across what seems to be a very unfair amount of time, where players are already in full purple armor, a max amount of weapons and myself getting killed a great percentage of time, which has been around 50% of my gaming time of 100 hours and I am not kidding.

The so called "Loot Algorithm" designed into this game seriously places most players at a serious disadvantage the majority of time.

Last week, I was almost ready to just run out of the game and call it quits for the day! I was really getting sick and tired of all the running around I was doing and not finding anything.

I wonder what EA/Respawn thinks here, but there is a huge amount of time that goes with this game, where you are running around trying to find loot, just to have a fighting chance.

This is not just a fighting game, this is a Game of Chance of finding loot!

Maybe it's time to change the name? ---> APEX LOOTWink

The team mentioned this in the live balance update. Yes, there are definitely more Mozambiques and P2020s lying around nowadays. Wink

Why no P2020 or Mozambique buffs?

• We love y’all’s ‘Bique memes, so we’re hesitant to lose that :P

• In all seriousness, our goal is to have a power curve of weapons. "Power curve" just means that some weapons will be weaker and more common, while others will be stronger and rarer. Some weapons are intentionally less powerful until fully purp’d with hopups and attachments, while other weapons on the bottom of the power curve are your early game, better-than-melee, but-gotta-upgrade-out-of-ASAP weapons. We’ve seen some good feedback from players about how to make these pistols more exciting without losing out on the goal above that we’re listening to. We’ll be continuing to watch player data and feedback and trying things out internally but for now, they’ll remain the same.

I think the key word in there was "rarer." Finding a really solid weapon or armor early in the game gives it exceptionally more value. Are you dropping in higher tier zones at all? I find it hard to believe you are running around for a long time without finding anything. There are some fringe cases where I've experienced this myself where you open up multiple capsules only to find ammo and P2020s but gearing up with a couple weapons and helmet/armor is accomplished within a few minutes of dropping. 

If you drop in places like Bunkers you're always going to find some loot there, usually from death boxes though. Party hat

Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 9 (711 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@EA_Blueberry

Oh yes I have been coming across a lot of pistols lately.

As I mentioned 50% of the games I've played, I spent a lot of time running around trying to loot up, is this really "The Balance" we are to expect here?

Also you bring up something I forgot to mention, and I have been in these so called High Tier Places never to find much of anything High Tier, and the place had not been looted.

I've run around sometimes 1-2 minutes in High Tier places finding pretty basic loot was all, so I wonder if there might be a Loot Bug going around?

hmm

Message 9 of 9 (622 Views)