assassin's creed origins gold price

by SRI_simon

Original Post

assassin's creed origins gold price

★★★★ Novice

why does assassin's creed origin gold edition on pc cost more than xbox or ps4 as on all the other editions the pc is cheaper?

Message 1 of 14 (1,252 Views)

Re: assassin's creed origins gold price

★★★★ Guide

@SRI_simon

I don't believe this game is sold on Origin, and so this would not be the right place to ask about it as it is not an EA Game. I only see Assassin's Creed Syndicate Gold Edition on Origin, which surprisingly seems cheaper than the Standard Edition as well as Gold Edition on Steam. If your query is regarding the upcoming Assassins Creed Origin game, I am afraid you will need to contact Ubisoft.

Message 2 of 14 (1,243 Views)

★★★★ Novice

yeah i knew that sorry i had both forums open and i posted a mass effect question on ubisofts xD 

Message 3 of 14 (1,240 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@SRI_simon

LOL...Large smileLarge smile

I thought the same. Have fun gaming...

Message 4 of 14 (1,238 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Red_Hood_1810 @SRI_simon

We do sell the Syndicate Gold Edition on Origin though.. :-)

But I can't really comment on the pricing since it isn't our game.

Message 5 of 14 (1,210 Views)

@SRI_simon  @Red_Hood_1810  as a suggestion, you are much better by buying the games developed from Ubi directly from their shop. There are a few advantages: better support, no need to use an additional client (you use only Ubi's uPlay client), better sales and prices. Also, some free games from time to time (though as not often as EA On The House program offers).

If you decide to buy a Ubi game on Steam, keep in mind that you will have to deal with TWO clients (Steam and uPlay). Also, support is less helpful when your copy was bought outside the of the Ubi's own online store (add to that the fact that Ubi's support has a reputation of being almost as unhelpful as Steam's own support). 

I buy EA games mostly from Origin (sometimes retail shops, but very rarely), Ubi's games from Ubi store and anything else from either Steam or GOG. Might look messy, but it isn't. I know exactly what i buy where and what i have in those accounts. Not so hard to track.

Back to Ubi, all the new Ubi games are more expensive outside their own shop. When Ubi decides to cut the price, the best places to buy are Humble Store and Gamersgate (a lot of time you get better deals there, though the best deals are in the Ubi stores in the special sales like the Summer and Winter Sales).

Hope it helps you to decide from where you want to buy your copy.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 6 of 14 (1,194 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@ivrognard @Straatford87 

Formally speaking, @SRI_simon question was about Origin. But not The Origin, but AC Origin, if you know, what I mean Standard smile All those Origins got me confused now. 

Archi.png
Message 7 of 14 (1,166 Views)

★★★★ Novice
They did me to haha as you can guess this was meant on ubisoft forum but both forums headings on chrome were origin xD
Message 8 of 14 (1,158 Views)

@EA_Archi  personally i've got the idea when the word pre-order was mentioned. But due to my experience with buying Ubi's products outside their shop (Steam, HB or gamersgate), i just can't recommend buying their games outside their shop. The support for outside purchases is horrendous. Even when you buy from their shop, the support is almost as bad as Steam's. And i can't blame the little guys from support. Most of the problems come from outdated installers and from the client. And that is outside ordinary support control. I have a decent library on uPlay, but for some games i have to use some serious workarounds to make them work (and mind you, those are fairly recent games). And for less knowledgeable people even those are out of the question. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 9 of 14 (1,156 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@SRI_simon 

I`ve seen your posts in Mass Effect: Andromeda section, hope you were able to sort things out there. What`s your take on the game, by the way? I mean ME: Andromeda? Have you finished it? 

Archi.png
Message 10 of 14 (1,154 Views)