Re: apex gpu upgrade

by Babyhuehnchen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

apex gpu upgrade

★★ Apprentice

Looking to upgrade from my GTX 970 but i need help on what to get.

Prefer AMD card since i already have a freesync monitor.

planning to run 1440p @144hz

Message 1 of 20 (703 Views)

Accepted Solution

Betreff: apex gpu upgrade

★★ Pro

ic really nice ram. heres a unboxing video for the motherboard you linked too;

a word of advice. when you put the cpu on the motherboard, lock the cpu using the pre-installed cpu lock. then after you put the thermal paste on put the heatsink on.

i forgot to do this and almost had an accident i couldnt fix.

its a very inconspicuous lock for the cpu and easy to forget to use.

then with the cpu locked in you need to put the heatsink on and to do this you need access to the back of the motherboard so dont screw in the motherboard to the case then try to put on the heatsink like i did.

keep the motherboard out of the case, put in the cpu, lock the cpu in, then put on the thermal paste then the back of the heatsink then the top of the heatsink, it can be difficult to get the fourth screw in the hold on the heatsink.

it was a very harrowing experience for me i hope you have better time with it! Standard smile

View in thread

Message 19 of 20 (768 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Hey there @VOORRTTEX 

before we continue, may I ask what price range you are looking for? What is your preferred manufacturer of cards if you have one?

Greetings,

Babyhuehnchen

Message 2 of 20 (690 Views)

★★ Apprentice

max $600 and no preferred manufacturer. 

Message 3 of 20 (687 Views)

★★★ Guide

for 600$ you can easy get rtx 2070 whould be way better than amd

Message 4 of 20 (671 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Yeah, id even recommend getting a RTX 2070 SUPER instead, its 550€ atm from the Manufacturer Gainward, whom i had pretty good experiences with in the past. That thing should be more than plenty for 144fps.

Message 5 of 20 (664 Views)

★★★ Guide

AMD 5700 XT IS BETTER THAN 2070 SUPER

Message 6 of 20 (656 Views)

★★★ Guide

ALSO HAS ANTI LAGG SO YOU SEE ENEMIES FASTER ON YOUR SCREEN

Message 7 of 20 (654 Views)

★★ Guide

I'm just hoping this upgrade is for a LOT more than Apex lol, I run it on almost full with an ancient rig and still hit constant 80ish fps and when I say ancient I mean ancient. Not to mention even people with insane rigs run this game on low settings because the game isn't optimized so half the time you still lose frames regardless of the build.

Message 8 of 20 (646 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

the way to get good fps in apex legends is you need at least a amd rx 3600x with ddr4 3000 cl 15 dual channel 16 GB with the bios settings show in in this video;

then my videocard which is a gtx 1060 6GB with windows 10 can get 144 fps for a lot of the game but the videocard is the bottleneck, at 720p lowest video game video settings.

i know a gtx 2060 would let me get 144 fps constantly on the ground if my gtx 1060 is doing this 144 most of the time already, but if you want 1440p then you might need a 2080 from nvidia but if you go to say 1080p maybe the amd 5700xt can do this at 144 fps, but 1440p is maybe too much resolution for 144 fps on a 600 dollar canadian videocard, us i think you can buy a 2080 for around 600, better to buy a 2070 super which is equivalent to a 2080.

and for maximum benefit of the 144 fps copy the settings i used for rivatuner in the video, set the rivatuner to 144 fps and there will be no stutter if your videocard is doing 144 fps all the time on the ground.

Message 9 of 20 (609 Views)

Hey.

Also to take in consideration is your build in general to avoid bottlenecks.
so you don't waste money on performance you won't get because of this.

The 2070 Supers has excellent price to performance, if you have a powerfull CPU / Ram this should be the GPU to go.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 10 of 20 (593 Views)