any tips for a noob like me?

by avalonux

Original Post

Re: any tips for a noob like me?

Champion

Best tip?

Just apply your brain tbh. You don't have to be the best FPS player to win games, good positioning and timing go a long ways to winning a game.

Combine this with the rest of the advice you've been given and you'll improve pretty quickly.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 11 of 14 (242 Views)

★★★ Guide

Training mode, before every gaming session.

Learning the weapons.

After this just play as much as possible.

You are going to die, die, die and die again.

Never give up, set goals, and learn by doing misstakes.

You will learn the map, figure out your settings, what legends and weapons that works for you with time.

Message 12 of 14 (240 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@ZeelmaekersI wouldn't say aiming up or down is easier. It's kind of the same. The main reason why having height over opponent is so strong is because that automatically gives you terrain cover. If you choose your angle right you can head-glitch/hide with just a press of crouch button. And you can move around and pop your head in various places. While the person below has no cover at all (unless provided by objects).

Using cover is key to victory in any fight. Having easy to access extended cover is a major advantage.

The person above could also just stand at the edge and shoot down - then he is not using this advantageous position at all and killing him is as easy, if not easier, as the one below.

So it's important to not just know you have advantage, but also understand why that is an advantage and, most importantly, actually use and abuse the advantage to it's fullest.

P.S. I guess knowing what head-glitching means could be useful for the OP too. The bullets in Apex come from your eyes/scope, so you basically need to show only your head to be able to shoot (unlike reality, here - if you can see the target, you can always shoot it). Always minimize your exposure to be as small a target as you can be (e.g., in this example: if you're shooting from above - move as far back as you can to cover as much of your body as possible).

Message 13 of 14 (221 Views)

Community Manager

We had an old thread around launch with lots of tips for new folks. Most of these are things that our Apex veterans know now, but it's definitely worth checking out if you're coming in fresh.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 14 of 14 (199 Views)