Re: any helpful tips to improve fighting skills and aim ?

by decimation92

Original Post

Accepted Solution

any helpful tips to improve fighting skills and aim ?

★★★★ Novice

hello im having a problem with aim especially the sniper shoot i cant kill and wen i get into a fight i usually end up dying i can only kill someone when their busy shooting my squad, i rarely kill someone facing me its that i get frustrated and  confused, my weakness is that i dont know how to react when someone shoots me and wen engaging in combat. 

Message 1 of 15 (1,481 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hey

Best thing in game fights is not having a perfect aim or having a stable PFS

What works the best for me is staying calm, try to position yourself on the high ground or a position that benefits your playstyle.

Battle Royals are more then having good aim and having a good synergy with your team mates will only make gunfights easier.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 11 of 15 (1,531 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

Just play the game you will eventually get better. Do you play on pc or console? If you play on pc you will likely struggle since there is very good players and many hackers with aimbots. I find Apex much more fun on ps4 when it works.

Message 2 of 15 (1,457 Views)

★★★★ Pro

you can go into training mode and hit the targets and see what gun do what with recoil. And see how good your reflexes are at hitting / knocking multiple targets down.

or you can just play the game as is and get good over time.

Message 3 of 15 (1,452 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i play on ps4 yea i was thinking of switching to pc but i changed my mind

Message 4 of 15 (1,433 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@RevenanT-G7 i hope so by time i get better ill try to lower the sensitivity
Message 5 of 15 (1,432 Views)

★ Pro
@XoniaX00 Me being a pc gamer since 97. you will always have them scum bag cheaters in a game they are like the plague. I would love to switch to console because of cheaters, But I suck with analog controllers.
Message 6 of 15 (1,408 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've noticed that a 1v1 face off situation in this requires you to dodge bullets as well as land them so keep moving in a close range fight, eventually your aim will improve so focus on movement during ads, never stand still unless they are not looking your direction.

Message 7 of 15 (1,399 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@XoniaX00Try sensitivity 4/4 classic response curve. I'm using this and it's pretty good. You can also try Steady response curve. Also Daltoosh is a very good ps4 player and he is using 5/5 sensitivity classic response curve. I think it's too fast for me but i might try it sometime.
3/3 is definitely slow. Never use this!
I recommend 4/4 at least and you will see an improvement! Wink
You will get used to it in a few days. Don't give up.

I find sniping a close target a bit risky. Even worse when they have eyes on you. Last game I only landed 1 shot with Longbow before getting killed with R301 or R99.

I though that the new faster fire rate of Longbow could help me in close combat but i was wrong.

But if you are a bit further away and with high ground then it's better to snipe.

Early game with lvl 1 body shields or no shields you can snipe even close targets easy kills but end game with lvl 3 body shields sniping a close target is risky and hard against a fully kitted R99 or turbocharged energy weapons or even R301. You will probably lose.

Message 8 of 15 (1,382 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@XoniaX00 I play on PC now, but I have played console FPS games since 2001. Here is my advice:

In-game solutions:
1) Lower sensitivity. I would suggest being able to turn 135 degrees from moving the aiming stick left to right.
2) Obtain a close and far range weapon combo
-My favorite close range weapon list:
---R99, Prowler, Peacekeeper, EVA-8
-My favorite long range weapon list:
---R-301, Hemlok (SINGLE FIRE ONLY), Longbow
3) Ensure yo have at least 1 full auto or shotgun
4) Get into a lot of fights to practice these weapons to understand how to use them in each situation. Dropping "hot" and not being afraid of dying is key.

Out of game solutions:
1) Obtain a SCUF controller to allow for more precise control over your joysticks, and less time costly finger movements with additional buttons.
2) Play "claw". This solution allows anyone to play with a regular controller, but simulate having a SCUF controller.
Message 9 of 15 (1,345 Views)

★★ Guide
@XoniaX00 Definitely fine tune your sensitivity. Think I play on 5/4, steady respond curve. Whatever works best for you. It may take a few days to really settle on what you think is best

2nd most important thing is to swap R3 & Circle on your button scheme. You absolutely want to crouch & slide by clicking R3. It makes a big difference.

And definitely mess around in training mode. Something that really helped me early on, was whenever I hopped in Training, ALL I ever did was shoot at the Bloodhound character that instructs you to open the supply bins. Instead of the targets. Typically sliding around from platform to platform, using the different Gun racks as cover. As well as sliding down the hill practicing my moving shot. But also, from all over the map

I found that to be way more effective at training recoil control since you're shooting at a legit player model. The familiarity sinks in. And you get blood splatter feedback too. The targets go down way too quickly, they don't really help you train any of the necessary muscle memory that you need to become a better shot. Unless, you dump the entire clip, w/ the intent of landing every shot, despite the target falling down flat. That does actually help a bit, so I'd suggest doinv a bit of that too. Def do that while messing around w all the guns, becoming more familiar w recoil patterns

Those 3 things can help quite a bit
Message 10 of 15 (1,318 Views)